About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Knight Joust

We had a Knight Joust in Dreamers Vault, Minneapolis today! I brought a Cerastus Knight Lancer, and apparently, we were placed into two teams to try and...kill each other. It was a Last Man Standing format. I'm trying to remember, but I believe we had:

2 Knight Desecrators

1 Cerastus Knight Atrapos

1 Brass Scorpion

1 Questoris Knight Paladin

1 Lord of Skulls

1 Lord of Change

1 Questoris Knight Gallant

1 Dominus Knight Valiant




The teams were first divided into

1 Knight Desecrator

1 Brass Scorpion

1 Knight Atrapos

1 Knight Paladin

1 Knight Gallant

versus

1 Knight Desecrator

1 Lord of Change

1 Lord of Skulls

1 Knight Valiant

My Knight Lancer

Each Knight could resurrect once, and there were a total of three rounds. We also had objective markers on the table, and whenever we stepped on it, we would roll a D6 and something random would happen. In the first round, we ended up being teleported all over the table, ha ha. When my Knight Lancer jumped on an objective, we ended up drawing a card that doubled our wounds, but also doubled the damage of our weapons. Hah!

The Knight Atrapos killed an opposing Knight Desecrator for First Blood, I believe, and I think the Lord of Change managed to thank quite a lot of shooting. My Knight Lancer had to take a turn before he could get into melee, and when he did, he killed the Knight Gallant twice. Heh. The Knight Valiant did well against the Knight Desecrator, Knight Paladin and Brass Scorpion, and I think he killed the Knight Paladin like twice? Not bad.

The Atrapos got killed by the Lord of Skulls, revived, and was teamed up by the first Knight Desecrator victim and the Lord of Skulls before dying. My Knight Lancer was taken out twice by the opposing Knight Desecrator. but at least I was avenged. I kind of fluffed my rolls in melee, but I think I might have taken out the Knight Desecrator in combat once before suffering retaliation and dying. Oh, well.

In the end, my team won the first round, and we were split into teams of three. It was now:

1 Knight Desecrator

1 Lord of Skulls

1 Lord of Change

versus

1 Knight Desecrator

1 Knight Valiant

1 Knight Lancer

It was kind of crazy this turn, for the random effects went even crazier, like all of us automatically exploding and dealing max mortal wounds to 3d6" and a black hole appearing in the center of the table. Yikes! I didn't do well, though I killed the Lord of Skulls maybe once, and then I kind of died to the black hole, having already suffered lots of damage from the Lord of Skulls and Knight Desecrator's shooting, as well as explosions (and using up my first revive). The Knight Valiant also died to the black hole eventually. Yikes. But we were going nuclear and blowing up each other, ha ha. Poor Lord of Change got taken out in quick order.

The other team won, with the opposing Knight Desecrator keeping his distance at the corner of the table and surviving the black hole. With that, my team was eliminated, and I went off to play another game. Which I'll write about immediately after this. The winning team had a free for all, but apparently the Knight Desecrator and Lord of Change sort of wounded each other before the Lord of Skulls emerged as the final survivor, and thus overall victor of the Knight Joust. Oh, well!

No comments:

Post a Comment