About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, May 18, 2020

The Adeptus Mechanicus Swoops Into Battle!

Warhammer Community with their promised preview of the Pteraxii.



I mean...I think it's best to go to Warhammer Community to read everything instead of me repeating here, but suffice to say they are the cousins of Sicarians who have their limbs replaced so that they can both fly and kill. And look cool (honestly, I'm not a fan of their aesthetic...).



Again, if you want to read more about scapuli superior implants and flight packs, it's best to head over to Warhammer Community to read the full article. Let's just say they are winged cyborgs and leave it at that. As much as I like the fluff, it's the standard grimdark "lobotomized to have enhanced reflexes."



Oh, their wings are made of nano-carbon fiber-weave! Same material as the one used in the wings of the Archaeopter. That's really cool! Still not a big fan of their design, unfortunately...but I do like the lore and fluff.

But I know you guys are mostly interested in their stats, so have at it!



Nice! Same as Sicarians, they have Strength 4 but are only Toughness 3. Have 2 wounds each as well, and the usual 4+ armor save. Plus 6++ invulnerable from bionics if I'm not mistaken.





I personally like the Sterylizors better because...come on. Phosphor flamers. What do you want me to say? I love flamers.



It has a range of 12" and ignores cover. But we already know that from the earlier previews...



And again, we already know about this. Strength 5 on the Charge. Yay.



Now this one is new! Plus it's add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of EACH MODEL. Yup, you read that right. So we have base attacks of 2 for normal Sterylizors and 3 for the Alpha. For a unit of 5, that's usually 11 attacks, but it goes up to 16 if you charge! At Strength 5, AP -1! Ave Omnissiah! That's brutal!



Then we have the Skystalkers. They are basically the same as Sicarian Infiltrators.



On the other hand, this is what you want them for, especially if you're facing a lot of vehicles (like my Imperial Guard army, or my Knights).



Yeah, you read that right. Fly them over a Knight or a tank and roll a D6 for each model in this unit to do up to 5 mortal wounds if you're lucky! Okay, on average you'll only do like 2 or 3 mortal wounds to a vehicle, but that's pretty impressive!

Pteraxii also pilot Archaeopters, by the way, which is a nice bit of fluff in my opinion. I don't know when these models will be released, but I'm tempted to at least get a squad of Sterylizors to accompany my Archaeotper, Serberys Raiders and Serberys Sulfurhounds! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment