About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, May 23, 2020

9th Edition

Warhammer Community has all the Big Warhammer 40,000 Preview on right now!

Well...most of the changes don't affect me, but the big thing is 9th edition is coming!



Yay! Let's join the Crusade! I want to see how I can level up my Knights! Also, blast weapons now deal maximum damage...I mean maximum number of shots against horde armies! Not bad! Also, tanks can now shoot in close combat! My Leman Russ tanks have gotten deadlier! YAY! I don't know what's going to happen to my Thousand Sons, though. They'll probably endure as always. At least my Skorpius Disintegrators can shoot in close combat too. Heh.

Also...we are getting a Warhammer 40,000 app! This will probably replace Battlescribe.



Also, when we buy a new codex, we'll get the digital rules for it free! YES! Everything on my phone now! That's awesome! Army builder, rules for my collections, and stuff! YAY! The Omnissiah provides!

Not only that, we have Dawn of Fire...yikes, I don't know about this. They hyped it up to be the next Horus Heresy and Beast Arises, but I don't know about that. Nonetheless, I still want to read it. I did buy and read both books of Dark Imperium, after all.



Obviously this is going to be about Roboute Guilliman, and it's by Guy Haley, an author I really admire. I've read his Baneblade, Shadowsword, Stormlord, Iron Harvest and Titandeath, never mind his 2 Dark Imperium books. So I'm looking forward to this as well! We'll see. There's a lot of books for me to read before I get that far. Hell, I'm currently reading Warhammer Horror at the moment, and I haven't touched the Siege of Terra books yet! OH NO!!!!!

Will this be about the Psychic Awakening or tie them into the larger narrative? Who knows? I don't. I guess we'll find out. Looking forward to all of these!

That said, I've been reading the comments and I see a lot of moaning and complaining, even though 9th edition hasn't come out yet. Geez, the negativity and toxicity are just so overwhelming. I think I'll avoid comments from now on. It's just disheartening to see people write everything off before it even gets released. It's like they will never be happy no matter what Games Workshop do. Never mind we have Necrons, the moment they see an Assault Intercessor it's "oh no! Not another Space Marine!" I don't play Space Marine and I'm not even whining about that. Oh, and people concluding that Games Workshop not learning their lessons and already assuming that 9th edition will be bad. Because...I don't know, Command Points. We haven't even learned how they are doing detachments (apparently Detachments and allies cost points now). But hey, let's whine about how soup and Detachments will dominate the meta, eh? Best of all, people already complaining that Horde armies, Orks and Tyranids are dead...just because tanks can shoot in combat or blast weapons are now maximum fire against hordes. What the hell?! Easy there, don't jump into conclusions just because. I'm a Guard player and I'm not jumping and screaming about my poor Guardsmen dying (okay, because my Guard army comprises solely of Leman Russ tanks and Kasrkins, but even so that's a bit of an overreaction).

Calm down and wait for more information. Seriously. No need to get so emotional and moan. It only annoys people. Yeah, I know some people will say that they are annoyed, and they have the right to moan. But the thing is that you don't have the bigger picture. They said nothing about how assault will work, and people seem to be thinking that assault is dead and shooting is deadlier...because of how tanks work now. People write off the rules because Command Points or they think horde armies are dead. Based on what little information we have. You're right to be concerned, but at least don't lash out and make hyperbolic statements. Try not to whine. Be patient. We're all stuck here at home for months, unable to game, so we can wait a bit longer for more information, right?

2 comments:

  1. You are totally right and I agree 100%. Why so negative? We don´t even know the rules yet and much will be the same. I´m looking forward to it, always intersting with something new

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. Let's wait and see. It wouldn't be too late to whine then if we find out that the rules aren't to our liking. ;)

      Delete