About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Online stores are closed

Well...thanks to the stay-home order in the United States, and the changes to university classes (everything is being conducted online now), I've been busy over the last week or so. Still trying to process and get used to the transformations. Damned coronavirus...anyway, I hope everyone is still safe and healthy. The friendly local gaming store in my area has closed off the gaming sections because, you know, corvid19 and all that. It can't be helped. The number of infected is rising, and I hope they bring the situation under control soon.

Fortunately, most of my painting and models are done...so I have nothing to build or paint at home. Perhaps a few of my Kasrkins (or Kamikaze Troopers), but that's about it, and I have no idea how to paint them just yet. We'll see. When I get around to doing it (still waiting for a couple of hot-shot volley guns), I might post my progress, but for now...nothing.

Oh, the point of this post is...yeah. Even if I need new paints, they might not be coming, because Games Workshop is closing down all the online stores, even the Forge World stuff. So we won't be able to order anything online and get it shipped to us. A pity, because I wanted to pre-order Engine War. Well, we'll see! In any case, no shipping or physical products will be available online. However, you can still purchase Black Library novels, which I did. I'll be reading a whole bunch of Black Library books, which includes Shield of the Emperor, Apex Predator, a few of the Warhammer Horror stories (The Colonel's Monograph) and more. Looking forward to that, at least.

Otherwise it's going to be a long spring...and without any games to play, I'm going crazy. Heh.

Speaking of games, I'm playing Mechanicus while I'm stuck at home, and it's an awesome game. Surprisingly enough I like it a lot more than Gladius, Sanctus Reach: Sons of Cadia and even Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2. I got the Faustinus ending, and hopefully I'll get the Videx ending soon. Maybe. We'll see. For now I've to conduct online classes and whatnot, so my time is split between this and that.

2 comments:

  1. It will be long, stay safe and be concerned. Maybe face the mountain of gray plastic (I'm painting some Rubricae ... will there be a connection with what I read on your blog?) ... I wish you all the best.
    Lord Adiatun Varunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! There might be a connection! You too, stay safe and healthy!

      Delete