About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Completely owned

Well, I had an Adeptus Titanicus game today, after the nerf of the Acastus Knights, to see if I can still play them in their current form.

Image may contain: table

In short, I got absolutely crushed by my opponent. Even though I fielded 2 Warlord Titans as reinforcement to my Knight Household Army (a Lance of 4 Cerastus Knights and 2 banners of 3 Questoris Knights) and an auxiliary Acastus Knight banner, I was totally tabled by the end of turn 4. I lost my plasma Warlord Titan by turn 2 without firing a single shot (I used Full Stride in the first turn), probably because I failed all my void shield saves. And then I lost my Acastus Knights and a bunch of Knights by turns 3 and 4, and...yeah...in return for my troubles, I only took out a single Cerastus Knight banner, injured a Warhound and maybe took out the void shields of the Nemesis Warbringer...actually, I don't think I even took out those shields. I think he suffered a void shield burnout after his heat reached critical levels. Never mind.

No photo description available.

Looks like I need to change my strategy. Oh, for those of you interested, my opponent brought an Axiom maniple of 2 Warhounds, a Reaver and a Warlord, a reinforcement Nemesis Warbringer Titan, an Acastus Knight and 2 Knight Lancers. That was more than enough to destroy me.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shoes and table

Looks like I need to either re-think my strategy or alter my list further. Maybe get more Knight Lances? Since I'll be getting the Cerastus Knight Castigators (and I plan to magnetize them with the Acherons if possible), I have more room to play around. Should I give up on the Acastus Knights? Or should I focus on playing a Titan maniple with Knight banner support? Nah...I like my Knight Household Army. We'll see. I'll figure something out...eventually.

No photo description available.

After the match, instead of licking my wounds, I went and painted my new Skitarii. So now I have 6 troops - 2 squads of Skitarii Rangers with 2 arc rifles and omnispex each, and the Alphas equipped with arc maul and arc pistol, 2 squads of Skitarii Rangers with 2 transuranic arquebuses and omnispex each, and 2 squads of Skitarii Vanguard with 2 plasma calivers and omnispex each, and the Alphas equipped with taser goads and phosphor blast pistols. I don't know how effective they will be, but I plan to build a Skitarii Brigade to support my Knights. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm not very confident. Oh, well...

Image may contain: people sitting, shoes and table

I'll try to get them based this weekend! I still like the Martian iron soil (or was it Martian iron earth?). Anyway, I'll have a game again tomorrow, but I'll be bringing my Thousand Sons instead of Skitarii since I want to try out my favorite psychic powers. That's why I'm not writing too much for today - because I need to turn in early in preparation for two games tomorrow! I'll see you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! The more I read about AT, the more interesting it seems ... thanks for your posts, in this moment of fear and difficulty for us in Italy, even a few minutes of distraction are gold.
    Lord Adiatun Varunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Stay safe and stay healthy! Do your best to avoid falling sick!

      Delete