About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Changing things drastically

Yesterday, I made the decision to sell off whatever Adeptus Mechanicus forces I have (except a single Tech-priest Dominus, which I will keep for sentimental value). I will probably no longer play Adeptus Mechanicus again. I always wanted to, but it just didn't work out for me, because I am stuck with either Imperial Guard or Thousand Sons. Adeptus Mechanicus just doesn't fit my playstyle or in my menu anymore. It's very sad, but I think it's best to let go of my Adeptus Mechanicus and hand them over to someone who actually plays them.

With this, I probably will not get a Knight Castellan as I originally intended. I'll just sell off my Adeptus Mechanicus and stick with what I have.

I also made the decision to sell away my Militarum Tempestus Scions. I'm selling all of them in one go because they don't really fit into my list either. As much as I love them, they are just not doing it for me right now. Don't get me wrong. They are extremely powerful and I have won a lot of games with them where they outright obliterate the enemy with lots of plasma. But I want to focus more on tanks and Imperial Knights, or heavy armor. And I think my Deathwatch is actually a lot more fun to play with than my Militarum Tempestus Scions. So I'm getting rid of the Kamikaze Troopers and stuff. I feel like I no longer need them, and I think other people will be happy to play with them. I'll focus on my heavy armor lists.

Goodbye, Kamikaze Troopers!
Funnily enough, my friend was looking through what I have and he complained that I don't have enough infantry. Well, I don't need so much infantry. I'm a treadhead. I play with Leman Russ tanks. I want to focus more on tanks and artillery, and even my artillery is minimal. I love my tanks and will not be letting them go. Well, most of them anyway. I sold my Leman Russ main battle tank, but I will never sell my Leman Russ Executioner tanks. I still have all three of them, plus my Leman Russ Annihilator tanks. I wonder if I should sell the Leman Russ Annihilator tanks because I don't really use them much, but I guess I'll keep them for now.

With that, my Skitarii and Kamikaze Troopers will be sold, and I'll focus on Astra Militarum, Imperial Knights, Deathwatch and Thousand Sons. Hell, I wouldn't focus much on Deathwatch because I only want a small detachment of Deathwatch to help out my Imperial Guard. I don't need any more Deathwatch dudes, at least not at the moment. I'm happy with what I have. Perhaps in future I might get Deathwatch Terminators, but for now I'll stick with what I have.

I also sold my Deredeo Dreadnought. He has been overshadowed by my Leviathan Dreadnought and Contemptor Dreadnoughts for my Thousand Sons, so I don't really need him either. Might as well make some money off him. Same goes for my Assassins. I never used my Assassins, so I sold them as well.

Ah...money. It's unfortunate, but that's the main reason why I'm selling a big chunk of my collection away. I need money. I need to pay bills and do other stuff, and probably fund my current armies, so I'm trimming down my collection, selling the models that I no longer play, and focus on building up the stuff that I do have. Well, Deathwatch and Thousand Sons no longer need new models. I like them as they are right now, and I have no plans of expanding their forces. I have everything I need for both of them. Maybe I'll get Deathwatch Terminators down the line, but we'll see.

I'm thinking of getting Armiger Helverins next, but I just don't know. I might not. They don't fit in any of my lists right now. I'm happy with my current Imperial Knights lineup. Yesterday, I had a game. Okay, it was completely one-sided, and my opponents' Blood Angels had no answer to my Knights other than the 2 Leviathan Dreadnoughts, a Deredeo Dreadnought and a Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought that he borrowed from me. And my Knights wiped them out. The poor guy was almost tabled by the end of my turn 3, with only his Captain, Lieutenant, Mephiston and a squad of Terminators (still stuck in combat with my Basilisks) left. But my Knights and 2 Leman Russ Executioner tank commanders just obliterated everything on the table. Without the proper anti-tank or list to deal with Knights, they literally just stomp over anything.

One of the next models I plan to get is probably the Carnodon tank with volkite weapons because that's so cool. But I'm not sure I like the look of the Carnodon tank, so...yeah. I might get a bit into Horus Heresy and buy a bunch of Thousand Sons stuff, like Sehkmet Terminator Cabals, but I don't know. I already have the Castellax-Achea battle-automata, so it only needs a few more stuff to expand into it. I dunno. We'll see. The 30K stuff fascinates me, and while a part of me wants to play Solar Auxilia, I still have no idea what to buy. Forge World stuff is so expensive (that's why I sold all the models I will not be using). And I want to make sure I can use the same models for 40,000, otherwise I'll be wasting my money and selling them off again. Well, the Sehkmet Terminators probably will be used a lot because they are Thousand Sons. We'll see. I already have a good base for my Thousand Sons, what with the Contemptor Dreadnoughts - especially the Orison Contemptor Dreadnought - so I can easily build a 2,000-point list just from buying a couple of Sehkmet Terminator Cabal and using the Guard of the Crimson King Rite of War. Problem is that I won't be able to use Solar Auxilia or Mechanicum allies otherwise, which sucks. Oh well, we'll see.

I might not play Horus Heresy at all too, given the complete lack of opponents, so this might just be a pipe dream. Like I said, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment