About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, January 21, 2019

Better, Beta Bolters!

Holy Emperor! Games Workshop has seen fit to introduce better bolters! You can check the details in the Warhammer Community website here.



What's new? Basically boltguns and all rapid-fire bolt weapons now fire twice their shots not only when they're within half their maximum range, but also when they remain stationary during its previous movement phase or if the model is a Terminator, Biker, Centurion or Vehicle.



That just means my Deathwatch Intercessor gunline just got a lot more powerful! And so did my Scarab Occult Terminators! Oh, wow. Just wow. I don't know about my Rubric Marines, but we'll see. But I can't wait to see how this works in tandem with my Deathwatch Intercessors, even my Deathwatch Veterans with storm bolters and my Scarab Occult Terminators. Terminators seem to have gotten a lot more deadly! I wonder if they're still worth taking for their price...



Anyway, I'll be asking my opponents for permission to use this rule (and they most definitely will welcome it, since they mostly play Space Marines). Hmm, well the xenos opponent might not like it against my Deathwatch, so we'll see!

Um, I wonder how this will work for assault boltguns (assault 2), or even stalker bolt rifles. Like, there's no longer any point to taking Heavy 1 stalker bolt rifles since bolt rifles fire twice the number of shots at just 6" range less. The assault and heavy variants of boltguns need some love too.

Anyway, for the Emperor!

No comments:

Post a Comment