About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Thousand Sons army completed! (Almost)

I've finally completed my Thousand Sons army! ...almost, anyway. Now the only two things left to add to my army are the Deredeo Dreadnought and the Contemptor Dreadnought. Given how nobody else is bidding for them, I think it's more or less assured that they are mine. Once they ship over, I can begin to field a 2,000-point Thousand Sons army! If not, then...I'll still be able to field a 2,000-point Thousand Sons army. I just need to adjust my list and field Renegades and Heretics by throwing in a couple of Leman Russ tanks. Or a Leman Russ tank, a Valkyrie and Renegade Marauders. Or a Spearhead Detachment of a Renegade Commander, 3 Leman Russ Executioner tanks and Cultists. Depending on whatever I need, I'll just shift the Cultists to the Thousand Sons detachment and combine the Rubric Marines squad to get the Soulreaper cannon. But that will be cool, the Renegades and Heretics providing Rubric Marines with much needed armor. Honestly, I should be fielding Leman Russ main battle tanks instead of Leman Russ Executioner tanks, but whatever.


In any case, this is what I have now. A Daemon Prince, which I kitbashed into a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch or a Thousand Sons Daemon Prince, an Exalted Sorcerer on disc, an Exalted Sorcerer on foot who can double as a normal Sorcerer if I don't have enough points, 2 squads of 10 Rubric Marines - one armed with inferno boltguns and soulreaper cannon and another armed with warpflamers, a Thousand Sons Chaos Rhino with havoc launcher to transport my warpflamer Rubric Marines, Horus Heresy Ahzek Ahriman who will double as an Aspiring Sorcerer should I need to split the 10-men Rubric Marines up into 2 squads of 5, the actual Ahzek Arhiman on disc who will basically be my Warlord, and 5 Scarab Occult Terminators. Adding to that army are 30 "Traitor" Guardsmen who will double as Cultists with flamers and providing the 3 necessary Troops for a Battalion. So yeah, looks good to me. I might get a Maulerfiend eventually, depending on what happens to my Forge World Dreadnoughts.



Speaking of which, this is my kitbashed Daemon Prince of Tzeentch! Or a Thousand Sons Daemon Prince! He's a former Thousand Sons Exalted Sorcerer who has ascended into a Daemon Prince after quite some shennigans or something. Or maybe he's an unfortunate Sorcerer (former Librarian) who was possessed by a Daemon and is now restrained by my Thousand Sons army, waiting to be unleashed on the enemy. I got the idea from the Ahriman Collection, where one of the Renegade Marines who was a former battle-brother of Astraeos, Cadar. Poor Cadar. Then again, there might be a difference between a Daemonhost and a Daemon Prince...I think. Oh well. We'll see.



And I also kitbashed one of the Exalted Sorcerers to carry 2 power swords instead of a force stave! The FAQ or errata said that an Exalted Sorcerer may replace his force stave with 2 power swords, so I went with that option. That adds 1 to his Attack Characteristic, so he's a dual-wielding Exalted Sorcerer with 2 swords! I might give him Seer's Bane and have him fly around on his disc to smash into infantry or go Character Hunting, especially since Seer's Bane doubles his Strength Characteristic. Awesome.

I'll adjust my story accordingly, but basically I'm having a bunch of Librarians from a Chapter that was destroyed by (no, not the Grey Knights) some Legion (probably Death Guard or something) get saved by Ahriman and they pledge their loyalty to him and become part of the Thousand Sons. In order to save their brethren from the Death Guard's plague that somehow overpowered their superhuman immune system, they gave into the sorcery of Ahriman to hold them in suspension, but the protagonist tries to be too smart and ends up recasting the Rubric and transforming most of the survivors in his Chapter into Rubric Marines. So the remaining Librarians end up becoming Thousand Sons Sorcerers controlling these Rubric Marines and Scarab Occult Terminators. I'm also trying to bring back the automata thing. This Chapter - let's call them the Shadow Seekers for now (or Shadow Slayers Chapter) were targeted by the Inquisition for tech-heresy because they have been relying in automata that are dangerously close to being self-aware and...basically, artificial intelligence. So caught between the Inquisition and Death Guard, their only salvation was Ahriman and the Thousand Sons. Or something. Yeah, I read too much of John French's Ahriman novels, so never mind. That leads to them controlling automata like the Contemptor Dreadnought or Deredeo Dreadnought and eventually Leviathan Dreadnoughts. The Marines within these Dreadnoughts have been reduced to dust, and the Dark Mechanicum essentially transform these Dreadnought suits into intelligent machines, possessed by Daemon spirits rather than Marines. These Dreadnoughts are then controlled by the former Shadow Seekers, now Thousand Sons Sorcerers. Something like that?



Well, I look forward to seeing how this will play out eventually, but I can't wait to field my Thousand Sons army on the tabletop and play them! Will they be as fun to play as my Imperial Guard? Admittedly, a good chunk of my Thousand Sons army is made out of former Imperial Guardsmen (Traitor Guardsmen, basically), so...I'm pretty much playing the same thing. Perhaps more so, if I choose the Renegades and Heretics route over the Dreadnoughts route...if I do that, the focus will be the Shadow Seekers and their Imperial Guard allies forced into Ahriman and the Thousand Sons' side against overwhelming odds. Well, the story won't change much, but the Inquisition will no longer be a factor, and I don't foresee the Dark Mechanicum being added in. That might be a little sad because it'll make for an awesome story. Anyway, we'll see! I might add a Maulerfiend to replace my Contemptor Dreadnought (I don't know what to do with the Contemptor Dreadnought, probably sell him). Like I said, we'll see. Anyway, that's all I have today and I'll see you guys next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment