About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, August 6, 2018

Adeptus Titanicus

I'll be honest. I'm currently trapped in transit to Minnesota, stuck in San Francisco for 14 hours while I await my connecting flight to Minneapolis. That's why I wasn't able to update you guys when Adeptus Titanicus dropped.

I'm exhausted after a long flight (try flying across the Pacific Ocean, you'll see what I mean), so I'm going to keep it short. Basically, Warhammer Community announced that they will be releasing Adeptus Titanicus next week. The focus is on Horus Heresy, but it seems that they'll be open to future expansions that take place in the 41st Millennium and perhaps even include xenos titans such as Ork Gargants and Eldar Revenant Knights. Or something. Anyway, the Grand Master Edition looks awesome. If you get it, not only do you get the rules and everything, you also get 2 Warlords and 6 Imperial Knights. The Knights have been downsized, of course, so they aren't the usual big stompy super-heavy walkers we're used to on the tabletop for years, ever since they first dropped in 2014. No Reavers and Warhounds, you say? Well, they're coming in separate boxes, like the Warlords. Of course, it seems that Games Workshop believes that the Warlords will rake in the most profits, and no argument there.

Warhammer Community has also posted an article describing what Adeptus Titanicus is about. And it seems that scatter dice and blast markers are back! Huh. Okay. Cool.



Anyway, these guys look really, really cool, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of them. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy them and real-life things happened (my phone broke and I need to buy a new phone, which means there's a low chance of me being able to afford Warhammer 40,000 stuff this month). Oh well. It sucks, but that's life in the poor, bloody Imperial Guard. We get to do most of the fighting and dying before someone else shows up late to the party and take all the credit. Okay, I evidently have been reading too much Macharius. I'm actually reading the trilogy now, and am near the beginning of Angel of Fire. Oh, speaking of Titans and Black Library, Imperator: Wrath of the Omnissiah is awesome. Warhammer Community talks about Mechanicum by Graham McNeill and while that certainly is one of my favorite Horus Heresy books, don't forget about Dan Abnett's Titanicus and Gav Thorpe's Imperator: Wrath of the Omnissiah. Oh, and David Annandale's Warlord: Fury of the Machine God as well. They are all awesome reads, no exceptions. I would throw in the Knights novels by Andy Clark (Kingsblade and Knightsblade) but you either already know about them or I've already talked about them.

Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted. Now I'm just whiling my time away in the airport, waiting for my flight...

No comments:

Post a Comment