About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, August 12, 2018

Battle report 25

So today we had our rematch, with the game being 3,000 points. Awesome. Anyway, my opponent brought 2 Spearhead Detachments today. Uh, he brought an Iron Priest and Logan for his 2 HQs, then a squad of Hellblasters with heavy plasma incinerators, Longfangs with lascannons, 2 Land Raiders, a Land Raider Crusader, a relic Sicarian battle tank, Wulfen with thunder hammers and storm shield, Wolf Guard with thunder hammers and storm shield, Lukas the Trickster, a Razorback with twin lascannons, a Storm Fang and Thunderwolf Cavalry. I think that's about it and I was surprised by how little models he had despite it being a 3,000-point list. Huh. Okay.

As for me, I brought an Imperial Guard Brigade Detachment with 3 Tempestors Prime, 3 Tempestus command squads with 4 plasma guns each, 3 Tempestus squads with 2 plasma guns each, 3 infantry squads with 1 plasma gun each, 2 Armored Sentinels with lascannon, an Armored Sentinel with plasma cannon, 2 Leman Russ Executioner tanks and 1 Leman Russ Annihilator tank. Then the rest of my 3,000 points went into an Imperial Knight Super-heavy Detachment. I had a Knight Errant, a Knight Paladin with Stormspear rocket pod and a Knight Castellan. Originally my opponent was supposed to bring Imperial Knights as well, but I have no idea what happened. Apparently 1 of his Knights was damaged or he forgot to bring it or he changed his mind, but the list I brought to face his Knights ended up...not facing Knights. Okay. Oh, I chose House Krast and gave the Knight Castellan the First Knight Warlord Trait, plus Cawl's Wrath, and spent 1 Command Point to give my Knight Paladin the Mark of the Omnissiah. Yay!

Finally get to field my Imperial Knights in battle! Proxying my Knight Crusader as a Knight Castellan.
We rolled off, and he got the first turn. Oh well. Right, he used the Cunning Wolf Stratagem again to infiltrate his Thunderwolf Cavalry or something. He also placed his Storm Fang in reserve. Wow. How scary. Anyway, all his Land Raiders moved up but his Land Raider Crusader advanced. They, along with the Long Fangs, fired all their lascannons into my Knight Castellan, but I spent 3 Command Points to Rotate his Ion Shields and I think he took a total of 5 damage, which eventually became 7 damage when one of his Sicarian Battle tank's 8 accelerator shots went through despite my 4++ invulnerable save. His Hellblasters also fired on my Knight Errant but did no damage at all, while he had huricane bolters or something from one of his Land Raiders fire into my plasma Armored Sentinel and took 2 wounds off him. The Razorback missed his lascannon shots. Ouch. I think that was basically it. I think someone fired a hunter killer missile into my Knight Paladin and took 3 wounds off him, but that was about it. My opponent failed to kill even a single Knight despite all that firepower andd amount of lascannons.

When it became my turn, I moved up all 3 Knights to get a better angle and fire upon the Land Raiders. My Knight Paladin healed 1 wound thanks to Mark of the Omnissiah, bringing him back up to 22 wounds. Well, my tanks fired first and my first Leman Russ Executioner killed all but one Long Fang, leaving just the Sergeant with  plasma gun. The other Leman Russ Executioner killed all but one Hellblasters, leaving just the Sergeant. Two Armored Sentinels fluffed their shots, but one Armored Sentinel actually did 5 damage to a Land Raider. Nice! The Leman Russ Annihilator fired and left the Sicarian Battle tank with just 3 wounds. The Knight Castellan fired, but his volcano lance only succeeded in doing a single wound roll, so perhaps about 6 damage or so? The Knight Errant destroyed one Land Raider with his thermal cannnon, along with the Knight Castellan's plasma decimator (Cawl's Wrath) already dealing massive damage to it. The Knight Paladin fired and I think ended up bringing the wounded Land Raider Crusader down to just 1 wound despite his rapid-fire battle cannon. He also destroyed the Sicarian tank with his Stormspear rocket pod when I rolled a 3 for D3 wounds despite missing 2 shots. I then charged the Knight Paladin into the wounded Land Raider but despite the Reaper chainsword going through, my opponent made 2 saves and I only did 6 damage to bring it down to 3 or 4 wounds.

Oh, wow. Well, I did manage to get First Blood, so no complaints there - especially since my opponent failed to kill even a single Knight or unit.

The second turn still didn't go as well for my opponent. He disembarked his Wulfen from the wounded Land Raider Crusader, and his Terminators from the wounded Land Raider locked in combat with my Knight Paladin. His Storm Fang flew in from reserve while his Thunderwolf Cavalry Deep Struck right next to my Leman Russ Executioner tank on the far right. His shooting was ineffective as always, but thanks to a misunderstanding (I thought he was shooting at my Knight Paladin and not Knight Castellan, so I didn't use the Rotate Ion Shields Stratagem), he damaged my Knight Castellan and left him with just 10 wounds. All the lascannons from the Razorback and the Storm Fang's multimelta, lascannons and Helfrost cannon. Ugh. Ouch. That sucks. Logan fired into my poor Armored Sentinel but failed to wound him. Yeah, the Land Raider Crusader fired into him too and failed to wound the Armored Sentinel as well. The Razorback also fired its stormbolter into my other Armored Sentinel and did nothing as well. These guys are tough! As I said, never underestimate Armored Sentinels! The Terminators and Wulfen charged into my poor Knight Paladin and did another 9 wounds in total, which meant he had 13 wounds left. On the other side, my Leman Russ Executioner only did 2 wounds with his Overwatch (Defensive Gunners Stratagem activated!) so he didn't kill any of the Thunderwolf Cavalry, who charged in and took 6 wounds off him. Ouch. My Knight Paladin retaliated and stomped only one Terminator into oblivion with his Titanic Feet because of their storm shields providing a 3++ invulnerable save.

So many infantry!!!! This is the IMPERIAL GUARD!
I had my Knight Paladin and Leman Russ Executioner fall back while Deep Striking my Tempestus Scions everywhere in the map. My Knight Paladin rolled a 6 for his Mark of Omnissiah this time and healed 2 wounds. Nice! He now has 15 wounds. My Leman Russ Executioner who wasn't locked in combat fired and destroyed the Land Raider Crusader, blowing him up. Poor Logan, who was within 6" of the exploding Land Raider Crusader, ate 3 mortal wounds from the blast. My Leman Russ Annihilator fired and dealt 13 damage to the Storm Wolf with his lascannons, 3 actually hitting the supersonic flyer. Phew. That was lucky as the warp. Anyway, the Armored Sentinel with lascannon fired and destroyed the Land Raider, while the 2nd Armored Sentinel with lascannon fired and dealt 5 wounds to the Razorback. On the other hand, the Armored Sentinel with plasma cannon failed to do anything again. My Knight Paladin fired, and his Stormspear rocket pod brought down the Storm Fang. Finally. His rapid-fire battle cannon killed a single Wolf Guard. The Knight Errant also fired and killed another Wolf Guard with his thermal cannon. Damn, these things are hard to kill. I then used Machine Spirit Resurgent and Oathbreaker Guidance System. The Shieldbreaker missile dealt 4 wounds to Logan, killing him. The Knight Castellan fired his volcano lance and siegebreaker cannons into the Wolf Guard and wiped them out, and I was about to roll for the plasma decimator into the Wulfen when my opponent called the game. Apparently he had something urgent come up and he needed to leave immediately. But it was clear that I was winning. He had nothing left on the table except the Wulfen, Lukas the Trickster, 2 Sergeants from the Hellblaster and Long Fangs squads that lost all their heavy weapons (aka heavy plasma incinerators and lascannons), the Iron Priest and the Thunderwolf Cavalry. I was poised to begin shooting his Wulfen with the Knight Castellan's Cawl's Wrath plasma decimator, and all the plasma Scions that Deep Struck in front of them. Another plasma squad and normal squad with plasma guns had Deep Struck behind the Leman Russ Executioner tank and near the Thunderwolf Cavalry, and another 2 normal squads in front of the Hellblaster Sergeant to finish him off. Oh, and I had Slay the Warlord and First Blood. I haven't even fired any of my Tempestus Scions' plasma weapons yet, and my Knights had yet to charge into the Wulfen and stomp them with their Titanic Feet plus their House Krast's re-rolls for fight phase. So...quite frankly, it wasn't looking very good for him, even with all those storm shields and 3++ invulnerable saves and Feel No Pain. If I wiped out the Wulfen in combat, all my opponent would have left is Lukas the Trickster, a Long Fang Sergeant, the Iron Priest and...the Thunderwolf Cavalry. And I still had 3 Knights, 3 Leman Russ tanks, all my Storm Troopers and Armored Sentinels. Actually, he hadn't even killed a single unit or model...oh well.

So it was my overwhelming victory, or at least it seemed that way when my opponent left. Can't say much except that it was...fun? At least he tried a different list with all those Land Raiders and tanks, but bad rolls with the lascannon shots let him down. My Imperial Guard Brigade and their Imperial Knight allies succeeded in destroying the Space Wolves again. I think the Imperial Knights were overkill, but I was expecting to face other Imperial Knights, so...yeah. I wonder what would happen if we went with the original plan and he brought his Knights instead of Land Raiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment