About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Battle Report 26

I managed to get one last game in before I return to university life tomoorrow (or today, considering it's already 2am). It was a great game, and my opponent was the same kid I faced on Saturday. Weirdly enough, he elected not to bring his Baneblade today, choosing instead to replace the Baneblade with a Stormraven, a Primaris Ancient and a Primaris Lieutenant. Oh, and Inquisitor Greyfax. Otherwise, his list was almost identical to the one on Saturday. So to sum it up, he had a Chapter Master (he used the Stratagem to upgrade his Captain), a Librarian, a Primaris Ancient, a Primaris Lieutenant, Sergeant Chronos in a Razorback (his Warlord again - and on Saturday it was a Razorback, not a Rhino, so my mistake!), 2 Intercessor squads, 2 tactical squads, an Ironclad Dreadnought, a Stormraven, Inceptors, Terminators, Hellblasters and Inquisitor Greyfax. He placed a tactical squad inside the Razorback, and the Terminators, Inquisitor Greyfax and the Ironclad Dreadnought inside the Stormraven. He brought a single Battalion and Vanguard, but had to subtract a Command Point for an auxiliary Elite who was Inquisitor Greyfax. Oh well.

This time, I remembered to bring my Contemptor Dreadnought, so I basically played a list with 2 Battalion Detachments. So basically Ahzek Ahriman, a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch, an Exalted Sorcerer on disc, an Exalted Sorcerer on foot, 2 squads of 5 Rubric Marines, a squad of 10 Rubric Marines with warpflamers, 5 Scarab Occult Terminators, a Chaos Rhino, 3 squads of 10 Traitor Guardsmen (playing them as Cultists), a Deredeo Dreadnought and a Contemptor Dreadnought. Both Dreadnoughts were equipped with butcher array or 2 butcher cannons.

Thousand Sons army rolling out for battle!
We drew the Scouring, and placed objectives. It turned out that I had both the Superior and Inferior Objective under my control, but that's another thing to talk about next time. The kid went first, as usual, and he proceeded to zoom his Stormraven across the map aand drop it right on top of my dudes. Sergeant Chronos fired his Razorback's weapons on my Rhino and did 2 wounds despite them mostly being heavy bolters. I think he tried to shoot my Deredeo Dreadnought with his Hellblasters and put 4 wounds or so on him, but his Stormraven totally fluffed his shots, failing to do anything with his multimelta, while I made a save for my Contemptor Dreadnought against his Stormraven's lascannons. Hmm, I don't think I lost anything this turn. His Intercessors and tactical squad were too far away to shoot anybody while he didn't disembark any of his dudes.

My turn and I moved my Rubric Marines up, along with the Rhino but I didn't disembark my warpflamer Rubric Marines. The Aspiring Sorcerer in one of the squads healed 2 wounds on my Deredeo Dreadnought with Temporal Manipulation, and then I had the Deredeo Dreadnought shoot his Butcher Array into the Stormraven after landing several Smites on the poor Stormraven. That destroyed it and sent the Terminators and Inquisitor Greyfax and Dreadnought tumbling out. Greyfax actually died, but my opponent spent a Command Point to save her (and I stole his Command Point with Helm of the Third Eye). The Contemptor Dreadnought then shot and killed another 2 Terminators, leaving just 2 guys left. My Rubric Marines fired on the tactical squad, and wiped them out, if I'm not mistaken. Funnily enough, my Traitor Guardsmen fired their lasguns (okay, autoguns, but they're practically the same thing) and actually put a wound on one of the surviving Terminators. The Daemon Prince charged into the Ironclad Dreadnought while Ahriman and the Exalted Sorcerer on disc charged Greyfax, who put a mortal wound on Ahriman with her psyk out grenades in overwatch. The Daemon Prince put 6 wounds on the Ironclad Dreadnought but failed to kill it, taking 4 wounds in return when my opponent spent 2 Command Points to go on counter-offensive (huh? I know, that was weird). Ahriman and the Exalted Sorcerer hacked away at Greyfax, dealing a total of 4 wounds. Actually, Ahriman killed her, but my opponent spent yet another Command Point to make that one save to keep her on one wound, and she did nothing in melee. He's really burning away his Command Points, huh...

Oh, and I got First Blood from killing the Stormraven. Yay.

My opponent's turn and he retaliated hard. And I mean hard. First, he disembarked his tactical squad from the Rhino, then he fired and killed a couple of Rubric Marines. Funnily enough, I made my invulnerable save against his plasma cannon in that tactical squad, so it could have been worse. Anyway, his Hellblasters wrecked my Rhino, and the Rubric Marines came pouring out. I lost 1 guy. Oh well. The Intercessors at the back fired and took out a few Rubric Marines when I failed my saves. Ugh. I think his Librarian tried to smite my Rubric Marines, but I denied the witch. Phew. Greyfax put another mortal wound on Ahriman with her psyk out grenades, and then the Ironclad Dreadnought swung and killed my Daemon Prince. What the f?! Ugh. That sucked for me. The Terminators had fallen back after getting locked in combat by Ahriman and my Exalted Sorcerer (I declared a double charge and locked all of them in combat) and because of their -1 penalty to shooting since they are Ultramarines, they could only kill 2 Cultists. On the other hand, the Inceptors swooped in and wiped out my entire squad of Traitor Guardsmen holding the Superior Objective with their assault bolters. Holy...

That was bad for me. My Rubric Marines went forward and despite their warpflamers, they only killed 2 or 3 Hellblasters - I know 2 survived. They did manage to kill the Primaris Ancient, though! Oh, and they took out quite a few guys in the tactical squad, who were then wiped out by shooting from my surviving Rubric Marines. Heh. But I'm getting ahead of myself. During the psychic phase, I killed the Ironclad Dreadnought with Smite, and he didn't blow up. I also killed Greyfax with another Smite from my Exalted Sorcerer on disc (heh), and Ahriman did 3 mortal wounds to the Terminators, also wiping them out. Remember the wound my Traitor Guardsmen did to the Terminators? Let's just say it made a whole lot of difference. Heh. Tzeentch sure has hilarious schemes all planned out. To make matters worse for my opponent, Ahriman was healed back to full health by my Aspiring Sorcerer's Temporal Manipulation. Yay! My Deredeo Dreadnought fired his Butcher Array and Greater Havoc launcher and wiped out the Inceptors. The Contemptor Dreadnought fired and put a few wounds on the Razorback. Was it 6? Or 8? I can't remember. I think it was 6. Anyway, the Scarab Occult Terminators who Deep Struck right in my opponent's backfield killed 2 Intercessors and put one wound on the 3rd guy. They tried to charge, fluffed their charge roll and one of them ate a wound in overwatch, but managed to survive.

Turn 3, I think he killed all my warpflamer Rubric Marines with his Razorback, Hellblasters, Intercessors and Characters. I can't remember whether it was this turn when he killed another 2 Rubric Marines in my battered squad that already lost 2 Rubric Marines in the previous turn. I believe it is. He tried to put a few more wounds on my Deredeo Dreadnought, and I think he succeeded in putting another 2 or so, leading to him taking 4 wounds in total. His Intercessors fired on my Scarab Occult Terminators and I spent a Command Point to make sure all survived (because I failed one save, but I managed to command re-roll that). Phew.

Then I Smite the Razorback with the last Aspiring Sorcerer in my decimated Rubric Marine squad after he passed morale. The Scarab Occult Terminators also killed the wounded Intercessor guy with Smite. I moved my Exalted Sorcerer and Ahriman up so that the Chapter Master would be the nearest target, and using Smite, I dealt 4 or 5 mortal wounds to him. Ahriman also used Death Hex on the Chapter Master and stripped away his invulnerable save. My Rubric Marines then fired and killed the Hellblasters, wiping them out. On the other side of the table, my Deredeo Dreadnought killed the Razorback, and his Greater Havoc Launcher killed an Intercessor. I think my Contemptor Dreadnought also fired at somebody, but I can't remember who. The Razorback exploded and took out 2 Rubric Marines. Ouch. The Scarab Occult Terminators fired and killed another couple of Intercessors far away (not the squad with 2 left). Then I charged and killed the Chapter Master with my dual sword Exalted Sorcerer, but the Librarian and Primaris Lieutenant performed a Heroic Intervention and killed my Exalted Sorcerer. My Scarab Occult Terminators charged and killed the 2 remaining Intercessors in the backfield and stole the Objective from my opponent.

That went on to Turn 4. Sergeant Chronos ran off, along with the Primaris Lieutenant and Librarian. I can't remember what happened, but I think the Characters basically shot and killed the Aspiring Sorcerer who was the sole survivor of his squad. The Intercessors fired and failed to wound my Scarab Occult Terminators again.

I did some mortal wounds to the Primaris Lieutenant with Ahriman's Smite, but the Aspiring Sorcerer failed to cast Temporal Manipulation...though why I used that, I can't remember. I did another couple of mortal wounds to the Librarian, and then charged with Ahriman. Oh, and my Scarab Occult Terminators wiped out the Intercessor squad. Huh, what did my Dreadnoughts shoot at this turn? I don't remember. That's weird. Did I forget about them, or were they unable to shoot the Characters? Oh, I think they shot at Sergeant Chronos who was the closes to them and put 2 wounds on him? I delivered 2 attacks to the Librarian and the Primaris Lieutenant each, but failed to kill either of them because my opponent made his 4+ saves (since the black staff is only AP -1). Ugh. By the end of melee, both the Primaris Lieutenant and the Librarian had 2 wounds each. They attacked back, but Ahriman and his 3++ invulnerable save basically tanked everything like a boss. Heh!

Turn 5, which was what seemed to be the final turn. My opponent continued to lock Ahriman in combat, and then had Sergeant Chronos join combat. Between the three of them, they succeeded in putting 4 wounds on Ahriman, and I was forced to spend a Command Point to re-roll a failed save to make sure he survived on his last wound. Ouch. And that was it for him. Ahriman denied a Null Zone too, ha ha ha ha ha ha! And the Exalted Sorcerer denied a Smite! Well, anyway...I can't remember what happened, but, I think that was it. By turn 5, those 3 - Sergeant Chronos, the Primaris Lieutenant and the Librarian were the only 3 models left on the table for my opponent.

Once it was my turn, I had Ahriman fly away from combat and snatch the Objective in the center. Then I used Smite and killed the Primaris Lieutenant. My Aspiring Sorcerer failed Temporal Manipulation this time, so Ahriman remained on 1 wound. Ouch. But Ahriman killed the Librarian with Doombolt. Then my 2 surviving Rubric Marines fired and killed Sergeant Chronos, who had just 2 wounds left. Their inferno bolt rounds dealt the last 2 wounds (my opponent failed the saves and had used up all his Command Points) and I earned Slay the Warlord. My Dreadnoughts never got to fire a single shot in Turn 5 because...the table was wiped clean. I tabled my poor opponent. Ouch. Not only that, I essentially captured 5 out of 6 Objectives. While my opponent was totally annihilated, I still had a wounded Ahirman, 2 Rubric Marines and an Aspiring Sorcerer, an Exalted Sorcerer on foot, 5 Scarab Occult Terminators, a Deredeo Dreadnought and a Contemptor Dreadnought. Heh. Overwhelming victory.

I think the kid needs his Baneblade. I'll play against him and his Baneblade on Saturday. For now, I'll have to concentrate on university since I need to do stuff today. Oh, and after the game, I managed to paint my Daemon Prince of Tzeentch and Scarab Occult Terminators. I did a messy, rushed job, but I guess this will do. 3 colors, right? I don't give a feth! As long as they have 3 colors and they can play in a tournament, it doesn't matter how badly I paint them!

Painted Daemon Prince and Scarab Occult Terminators
Long live the Sons of Shadow!

Kitbashed/converted Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

No comments:

Post a Comment