About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, July 28, 2017

Making a case for Citadel cases

The Konnor campaign has begun! Or so I thought, but when I dropped in at my local gaming store, there was no one there. With no opponents and no enemies to fight against, my Imperial Knights and Adeptus Mechanicus support battalion ended up stoning inside a case.

That's right. You heard me right. I've gone and purchased a new Citadel case.

I didn't even need the biggest "Citadel Crusade Figure Case". I went and bought a new Citadel Battle Figure Case for SGD $120 (apparently it's USD $83), the medium sized one, and I managed to fit all 3 of my Imperial Knights in it (okay, the 4th one is languishing somewhere at my friend's storeroom). That was awesome. I thought I was going to need the Crusade Figure Case, but that would cost SGD $180 (or USD $124), which is 50% more, and a bit out of my price range. But voila! Look! I could fit all 3 Imperial Knights into the medium sized case, so I don't need the large sized one. Besides, I would need to order the large one, and it would take 2 weeks to arrive. With me flying off on August 14th, I don't think I can wait that long (in case there are delays in shipments and stuff), and I realize I don't need that big a case anyway, I thought it prudent to buy the more affordable medium sized Citadel case.

So anyone who has Imperial Knights and are racking their brains on how to transport them around, worry no more! The medium-sized Citadel Battle Figure Case is more than enough to store three Imperial Knights! Not only did I put 3 Imperial Knights in there, I even had space to store all my Adeptus Mechanicus support Battalion, a total of 20 Skitarii Vanguard and Rangers, 2 Tech-Priests Dominus, 3 Kataphron Destroyers, and included an extra bunch of 2 Cybernetica Datasmiths and 4 Kastelan Robots in case I want to go down the Legio Cybernetica route. I'm still waiting on Forge World's Imperial Armor: Fires of Cyrostax or however they spell it, so I might swap out the Skitarii for a couple of Castallex Battle-automata and a Thanatar Siege-automata eventually. I love giant robots.

Since I don't have my gaming fix for Warhammer 40,000, I'm stuck playing Starcraft 2 for now, and funnily enough I play as Terran, and my only strategy is Hellbat-Thor-Siege Tanks. Yeah, I play mech. So lots of giant robots. Siege tanks = Leman Russ tanks, Thors = Imperial Knights. I guess one's personality/preferences will inevitably dictate one's gaming style.

No comments:

Post a Comment