About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Legion Unveiled!

Oh my goodness. Just when I thought I was up to date on the Thousand Sons, I came across this post by the Warhammer 40K Community. Check out the actual page itself for more details, I'm just going to give a brief run-through as a Thousand Sons fan.

The Warhammer Community has a full-length post featuring the Thousand Sons! Specifically the Rubric Marines and the Scarab Occult Terminators, plus the Tzaangors (which I personally am not very enthusiastic about)! Please check them out! They also have the Sorcerers, who are said to be more powerful than the Space Marines' weak-blooded Librarians, because they've been steeped in 10,000 years of arcane lore and blessed by the master of Fate himself (Tzeentch if you haven't already guessed).

I can't wait! This is going to be an exciting release for Thousand Sons fans! Not only that, Warhammer Community promises another post on the new Ahriman model!

ts-rubrics2
Rubric Marines!

For those of you familiar with the lore, the Rubric Marines are the awesome Thousand Sons Space Marines who...only have dust in place of their physical bodies inside their armor. Thanks to Magnus's madness, the Thousand Sons were afflicted with some sort of Tzeentch curse that mutated them uncontrollably, turning them into disgusting monsters or whatever. Appalled by the lack of concern on Magnus's part and desperate to save his battle brothers, Ahriman conducted a forbidden ritual with some Magnus or Tzeentch grimoire that he's not supposed to place his hands on (I'm simplifying it). The spell successfully cured the battle brothers of the mutation affliction, but...ended up turning all their bodies into dust.

So they have this new warcry, "all is dust", a chilling but awesome line, whenever they march toward their foes! And I think they all have that awesome 4++ invulnerable save thanks to the Mark of Tzeentch, but I could be mistaken. I have to wait for the rules.
ts-occult
Scarab Occult Terminators!

By the way, the Scarab Occult Terminators apparently have hints of the Tartarus pattern armor from the Horus Heresy - if you remember the Burning of Prospero and the awesome Tartarus pattern Terminator armor from there, then yup. This is almost the same armor, except with the Thousand Sons flavor. Can you say awesome?
ts-exalted-sorcerors
Sorcery and Sorcerers!
And last but not least you have the sorcerers themselves! I'm guessing this will be the HQ choice, considering they're the Thousand Sons' equivalent of Librarians.

Ugh...I'm so tempted to just splash my money on these guys now...nooo!!! But I don't have the cash! Ugh! What should I do?! Well, I'll definitely get the book and review their rules for you guys, so don't worry about that! And I might eventually buy the Ahriman novels (though I'll probably complete the Gaunt's Ghosts collection before I get those) so we'll have more Thousand Sons lore to talk about on this pathetic blog of mine. For the Emperor!

Uh...okay, I can still pretend that some of the Thousand Sons are loyal to the Emperor, can't I? ...can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment