About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Roadmaps for 40K and Horus Heresy

Apparently, we were promised roadmaps for Warhammer 40,000 and Horus Heresy today, and they streamed it on Warhammer Community. It didn't show up in the website, so I had to go to the Facebook page and hyperlink it from there.

I won't talk about Fantasy and Age of Sigmar because that's not my jam. I'll instead sum up the 40K and Horus Heresy stuff for those who missed the stream. There aren't actual roadmaps, so people are disappointed, but there are some exciting news. Sort of.

For 40K, sorry to say, but Blood Angels are all we are getting until Christmas. 2025 will open with a huge bang with Astra Militarum - and we will be getting Death Korps of Krieg in plastic! They said a full Death Korps of Krieg plastic range, so I'm guessing Death Riders, Engineers, heavy weapons teams,  Death Korps Marshal, etc. Hopefully Grenadiers, but I don't know about that. Would be awesome if we do get Grenadiers for Krieg!


After Imperial Guard, Aeldari will get their codex, followed by "Chaos." I don't know which Chaos faction, specifically - Stu was vague - but basically we're left with Thousand Sons, World Eaters and Death Guard. Maybe Chaos Knights, but I doubt it, it's most likely one of the three Legions. Then they published an article, and somehow Chaos turned into Imperial Knights. Consideirng I'm an Imperial Knights player, I'm not complaining, but...okay? Wished they mentioned that in the stream! Would have been so stoked.

For Horus Heresy, uh, well...the promised plastic melee upgrade kit will be coming soon. Soon. Don't ask me how soon. They also intend to flesh out the core Space Marine range, but again, no specifics. I assume it'll be Breachers and Characters (like Praevians, Techmarines, Apothecaries, etc.), since we have so many vehicles already. There will also be second waves of Solar Auxilia and Mechanicum, so keep your eyes peeled for them.


No news of the plastic Questoris Mechanicum Knights like the Styrix and Magaera. Oh, well. Also, Legions specific stuff will be further down the line, taking several years, but clearly they intend to do them in plastic...eventually.

There's also more unit updates for Legions Imperialis, but only Space Marines and Solar Auxilia. They intend on bringing the full scale Age of Darkness kits to Legions Imperialis, so maybe Typhons and the like will be next. Mechanicum, Adeptus Custodes and Sisters of Silence will be in...a few years. So don't hold your breath.

That's it for the 40K and Horus Heresy news. Hope this helps.

Oh, and my flight to Singapore is tomorrow morning, so...I won't be online for a long while. Also, depending on what happens after I return to Singapore, I might not be able to return to Warhammer 40,000 immediately (depends on how quickly I find a job so that I can start buying stuff), so yeah. I might spend more time writing lore articles instead, maybe? Still need to get the Sanctus Reach: Hour of the Wolf article written someday. And that also depends on whether my packages get to Singapore - they've been already returned to my American residence. I resent them, but I fear another mishap in the warp will occur, and I'll never get them back. Obviously, if I lose all my campaign books (Warzone Charadon, etc.), I'll be too depressed and too bereft of actual sources to write anything.

My books and models...ugh. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment