About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, January 16, 2021

Partially painted Models

 Phew, I finally got down to painting my Dominus Knight Castellan. He looks much better now! Then I forgot to paint the base. Stupid of me. Oh well, I'll paint the base some other day. But at least he looks a lot more...colorful than before. Yay.

I also painted the weapon arms for my Questoris Knights - a las-impulsor and a thermal cannon. So now I can swap out the weapons and turn my Questoris Knight into a Knight Preceptor! Yay! Originally, i was supposed to have 2 Knight Preceptors (2 las-impulsors), but the ebay seller from whom I bought the bits for the las-impulsor messed up and sent me two identical sides for the cannon. Needless to say, I couldn't complete the las-impulsor and I'll probably have to wait until the seller sends a replacement (if he or she agrees to). But I'm looking forward to getting a second las-impulsor - not because I need them to buff my Armigers (I don't have many except the two Armiger Moirax). Actually, it's because I prefer laser weapons and energy weapons, which is why I still have the thermal cannons. I don't want my Knights to run out of ammunition in the middle of combat (though they probably have to charge their plasma reactors often).

I can't wait to see how my Knight Preceptors and Knight Castellan play on the tabletop. Damn pandemic is ruining everything, which sucks. But the day will come when I will finally get to field them.

Oh, and I also built a second unit of Obliterators, so I now have 2 units of 2 Obliterators each. They are meant for my Thousand Sons...wait, what? Thousand Sons don't have Obliterators? Damn. Never mind, I'll just play them as part of an allied Spearhead Detachment, most likely from the Word Bearers or something. I still have my Dark Apostle - lovely model, that guy. And the Venomcrawler at the back. This will be fun. A Dark Apostle leading four Obliterators and relying on the Venomcrawler to buff his summons. Actually, I meant to run the Dark Apostle as a Master of Possessions, so yeah. And if I run them as Word Bearers, I can summon the Lord of Change at the back. Hell, yeah! Summoning Thousand Sons! I prefer to have my Thousand Sons summon the Lord of Change themselves, but the Word Bearers' Stratagem is a lot more reliable, especially for a Greater Daemon as powerful as a Lord of Change.

As for my Thousand Sons themselves, I painted a Forgefiend partially. I only painted the gold on him for now, I'll need to refer to my other Forge Fiends for a better color scheme, but he at least looks better now than before.

Still not done yet, but at least I'm halfway there!

No comments:

Post a Comment