About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, January 22, 2021

More painting

 I've been very busy the past week searching for a new room or apartment because my current landlord plans to sell his house. That means I have to move out, and even though the pandemic means I can't go out, I still plan to move into a place near Dreamers Vault at Hiawatha. So I've been searching for an affordable place to live in that is also close by. Being a student, it is easy to find a cheap place, but the problem is that they are usually...uh, how do I put it, crowded. I don't think I'll be able to live in a place with 8 people, not when I spend most of my time writing, reading and studying (that's where the rest of my time has gone to when I'm not looking for a new place).

Otherwise I would have written another story for my Imperial Knight house. Sigh. Oh, well. We'll see if I have the time this weekend, but because of other commitments, I most likely don't. But I did manage to paint my models (should I devote my time to writing a story or to painting models?), so there you go.

I finally painted the base for my Dominus Knight Castellan, and pasted a few shrubs so that he wouldn't look so plain. I also painted my Forgefiend, making him a Thousand Sons daemon engine (well, he looks Black Legion, but he also has a mix of Thousand Sons blue). The joke is that Ignatius (my Thousand Sons Sorcerer in Terminator armor) stole a bunch of daemon engines from the Black Legion, and didn't bother to paint them over. Yeah, that's kind of funny, ha ha. I think.

Not just the Forgefiend, but I also painted my Serberys Sulfurhounds. Now I have 6 of them (there's only 4, but the other 2 are in my box - I just took one of the original three out so that I can have some reference when painting the new trio). Yay! 2 squads of Serberys Sulfurhounds running about, breathing fire and setting foul xenos, heretics and hereteks ablaze. They will forge ahead of my Knights and other Skitarii, breaking lines and crashing into enemy formations. Hopefully they will deal with swarms and hordes. Meanwhile, my Knights take care of the armor and bigger stuff.

So yeah. If I have time during the weekend, I'll write the next chapter for Way of the Warrior, otherwise I'll have to keep looking for a new place. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment