About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Painted Adeptus Titanicus and Battletech!

I have no idea why I'm still up at almost 5am in the morning - probably have something to do with me filling out contracts and other stuff (maybe I'll be an actual writer one day, but I suck at writing. Ugh), but I thought I should just post this before I go to sleep. Probably up because I drank mocha at night. Whoops...


Anyway, I stayed up for a bit to finish painting my Adeptus Titanicus Knights and alternative weapons. I have an Adeptus Titanicus tournament on Saturday (26th October) sometime next week, so I'm rushing to ensure all my Titans are painted by then. It's only 1,000 points, so I'm fielding a Knight Lance with a single Titan reinforcement. I realize I screwed up, though. The Knight Banners have to be within 6" of each other if they are of the same Lance, and I have 2 Banners of 2 Acastus Knights Porphyrion and 1 Banner of 3 Cerastus Knights Lancer. Uh...whoops. Talk about mismatch. Never mind, we'll see how it goes. Most likely I'll just have my Knight Lancers stick around in the back and charge whatever Titan comes near them...ouch. How stupid of me.



I'm missing the Averland Sunset, which I'll get...soon. But other than that, my Knights are fully painted. I even painted their bases and added Valhallan Snow for an awesome blizzard effect. Yay! I can't wait to see how it goes, but I really like how I did their bases.



I also painted the Mori quake cannon and macro gatling blaster for my Warlord Titans. Look at how awesome they are! Sorry for the terrible photo, but basically I swapped out the left arms of the Warlord Titans. The one on the left has carapace Apocalypse missile launchers, a Belicosa volcano cannon for his right arm and a Mori quake cannon for his left. The one on the right has paired turbo laser destructors, a Sunfury plasma annihilator for his right arm and a macro gatling blaster for his left. As you can see, I paired up the weapons according to range, so I have a ranged Warlord Titan that shoots from afar with his Belicosa volcano cannon and Mori quake cannon (not to mention Apocalypse missile launchers) and a mid-ranged Warlord Titan who prefers to close in with his medium-ranged Sunfury plasma annihilator and macro gatling blaster, along with paired turbo laser destructors. Now I have alternate arm weapons for the Warlord Titans, which will save me some points and allow me to be more flexible with my lists. Either I can field 3 Knight Lancers with my Fortis Maniple (of 2 Warlords and 1 Reaver because my Legio can swap out one class of Titan for another) along with 2 Acastus Knights Porphyrion in a 1,750-point game, or I can just field the Fortis Maniple with 2 Knights Porphyrion instead of 2 Knight Lancers if I take the cheaper arm alternatives. I'm really looking forward to playing around with them and seeing how they go! This will be so cool! Or so I hope, but we'll never know.

I was actually planning to finish painting them at Dreamers Vault today, but I already arranged a battle with a friend, so I stopped painting to play the game. Totally worth it. Anyway, the battle report will be up...soon. I don't know when, but I'll try to write it one day. Hopefully before this weekend. Anyway, it was a baptism of fire for my Steel Dragons, and I was fielding Space Marines for the first time. I didn't know how it would go, but I was eager to test them out. Needless to say, they were a lot stronger than I expected. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for Iron Hands Successor Chapter, but I'm a treadhead. Of course I would go for the Chapter that specializes in armored formations, spearheads and tanks (and robots). However, their firepower surpassed my expectations. My Steel Dragons are crazily strong with the new supplement. Whoa. After the game, the store was closing up, so I had no choice but to pack up and continue painting at home. Fortunately, I managed to finish painting all my Knights and Titan arm weapons in a couple of hours (actually, a bit longer than that). Phew. Now all I have to do is field them in the Adeptus Titanicus tournament in a little over a week. Man, I love the snow. It's so...Minnesotan. And I live in Minneapolis. Winter is coming, and my Titans, Knights (both the Adeptus Titanicus ones and the 8th Edition ones) and Imperial Guard are ready for it!



Not only that, I also painted my Battlemechs. Since they are Draconis Combine Battlemechs, I stuck with a black and red paint scheme, but I also added gold because I like the contrast of black and gold. It's such a great combination! They don't look very good, but at least they look a lot better than their usual gray or silver color when unpainted. I'm reading the Blood of Kerensky trilogy right now, and I'm looking forward to the Battle of Luthien! Long live the DRACONIS COMBINE!



Yeah...now you know why my Imperial Knights, Imperial Guard and Titan Legion come from the Draconis system. It's a blatant rip-off of the Draconis Combine from Battletech. Sorry. Anyway, the 'mechs I have include a Mad Cat MK II, Mad Cat MK IV, Lament, Legacy, Dragon II, Awesome and a Tenshi. Yay. The Dragon II is at the back, the last row. The middle row consists of Mad Cat MK II, Legacy and Lament. The first and front row comprises of a Mad Cat MK IV, a Tenshi and an AWS-9Q Awesome. I have a lot of PPCs. Seriously. Anyway, I plan to put these guys in a separate bag of their own instead of lugging them around with my Warhammer 40,000 stuff. Different games with different bags, and with these guys being small and all, I should be able to pack them up in a smaller bag. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment