About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Knights and Snow

I finally finished painting my Imperial Knights - both the big ones and the small ones! Whoops, that can sound misleading, because I don't mean both the Questoris and Armiger ones. After all, I don't have any new Questoris Knights. Instead, what I meant was both the normal Citadel 8th Edition Imperial Knights and the Adeptus Titanicus Imperial Knights.

Perhaps a photo or two would better explain what I meant. Anyway, yeah, my Cerastus Knight Lancers and Acastus Knights Porphyrion are all painted completely, with me adding snow and even some grass. Wait, didn't I already paint them on Wednesday? What's going on? Oh, I added some Averland Sunset to them, so you can see the bright yellow circles on them now. If you look closely enough. Apparently.


I also painted my Armiger Knights Moirax. I forgot to add the smiley faces. Whoops. I'll add them eventually, but I was waiting for the paint to dry. Anyway, I also did their bases, put a lot of Valhallan Snow on the white as well as add grass and vegetation for...flavor. Now you can see my Super-heavy Detachment of a Questoris Knight Crusader and two Armiger Knights Moirax with volkite veuglaires and Moirax conversion beam cannons!



I will also be working on painting my Skitarii. Right now I've done all my Skitarii Rangers and Vanguard, as well as my Tech-priest Dominus, Tech-priest Enginseer and Cybernetica Datasmith. I decided to paint their robes red because the current black and gold color scheme was just too boring for my Skitarii. It works for my Imperial Guardsmen, it works for my Leman Russ tanks and Imperial Knights, but my Skitarii looked pretty plain. So I decided to have them stand out by painting their robes red, just like any normal Adeptus Mechanicus force. I screwed up and used the Blood Angels Contrast paints even though I had used Abaddon Black Citadel spray paint to prime them, and the Contrast paint turned out to be too watery. It didn't work. As it turned out, I needed a specific Contrast undercoat primer (Wraithbone White) for the Contrast paints to work, otherwise they are too watery and merely smear across my models instead of...looking good. Eventually, I gave up and went back to using Citadel base paints, Mephiston Red being the color of choice, and they look a lot better than before. I hope. We'll see.

Unfortunately, I forgot to snap a picture of my newly painted Skitarii, but I have yet to paint my Secutarii Hoplites and Castellax battle-automata (as well as the weird-looking Kastelan robots). I'm thinking of just selling or tossing my Kastelan robots, but...we'll see. I screwed up with the kitbashing and they look really weird. I'll paint them red and see what I can do with them, but I doubt I'll play much with them. As for the Castellax, I can only pray we get 40K rules for the Mechanicum units. The Castellax look too awesome to not want to play with them, and I still have a Thanatar and a Vulturax on my shelf. Oh, well.

We'll see. We will...see.

No comments:

Post a Comment