About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Monday, May 27, 2019

First ITC Game

As promised, here's the battle report for my first ITC game. I honestly can't remember what happened, but it was  an ITC game that used tournament rules. I faced off against Imperial Guard, Grey Knights and Militarum Tempestus.

My opponent brought Grey Knights and Imperial Guard.

Grey Knights Vanguard Detachment
Kaldor Draigo
Apocethary
2 squads of Paladins

Imperial Guard Battalion
Company Commander
2 Leman Russ main battle tank commanders
2 Basilisks
3 infantry squads - one with lascannon, two with flamers

Militarum Tempestus Battalion
2 Tempestors Prime
3 8-men squad - 2 with 2 plasma guns, and 1 with 2 meltaguns.

Callidus Assassin (Imperial Assassins Requisition Sanctioned)

Mine was Imperial Knights and Imperial Guard.

Imperial Knights Super-heavy Detachment
Cerastus Knight Lancer
Knight Gallant
Knight Crusader

Imperial Guard Battalion
2 Leman Russ Executioner tank commanders
Company Commander with plasma pistol
3 infantry squads with plasma gun each

Requisitioned Eversor Assassin


My opponent placed his Tempestors Prime and 2 8-men squads in Deep Strike. I think he used 2 infantry squads as Engineers, and he took the King Slayer and something else as his objectives (I can't remember what). I also took Engineers (2 of my infantry squads), Tank/Monster Hunter and Old School.

I managed to get first turn, and I basially charged my Cerastus Knight Lancer up and destroyed one of his Leman Russ tanks to get First Strike and 1 point for tank slayer, while my Knight Crusader wiped out the infantry squad holding one objective (the one with the lascannon). My Knight Gallant didn't do much, his Stormspear rocket pod didn't do anything, and the Knight Crusader's Stormspear rocket pod and battle cannon didn't do much to the Basilisks or 2nd Tank Commander either. My Leman Russ Executioner tanks injured one of the tanks (I think), but probably the one that my Knight Lancer destroyed. One of my infantry squads used the Move, Move, Move! order to get into a third objective while I essentially captured another with my Knight Gallant. I really can't remember what else happened, ugh. Sorry, having too much fun with the game that I didn't write anything down.

Anyway, my opponent fired everything and destroyed my Knight Lancer in his first turn, plus charged his Paladins and Draigo into my Knight Lancer and smashed him with Hammerhand and Nemesis Daemon Hammer, earning him all 4 points for King Slayer. He had his remaining Tank Comander move into cover, but that's about it. He killed a bunch of Guard, but they passed their morale and survived. Ouch. I held more objectives than him. So I had 2 more points because I killed more and controlled more objectives. Or something.

In the second turn, I had my Eversor Deep Strike into the backline where the 8 Tempestus Scions and infantry squad was, moved my Knight Gallant further up (but he still wasn't in charge range of anything), and my Knight Crusader to take over his objective. My first tank commander killed all but 1 Paladin. My Eversor wiped the floor with the Tempestus Scions because of Rampage (and maybe morale), consolidating into the Company Commander. Heh. I did absolutely nothing to the Basilisks with the rapid-fire battle cannon...I think. Maybe I injured it a bit. I really can't remember. I also hurt the Leman Russ tank with the Stormspear rocket pod, but not too much, having fluffed my shots or something.



My opponent then Deep Struck his Tempestus Scions, Callidus Assassin near my infantry squads, Leman Russ and tank, another Tempestus Scion squad into the infantry squad who had moved up to occupy the third objective and used a combination of Gate of Infinity and Deep Struck his second Paladin Squad and Apocethary next to my final infantry squad. A combination of shooting saw two infantry squads erased, the one in the third objective and the Engineer squad next to the tank. But I think he didn't kill anyone else. He did charge his Callidus Assassin in and locked one of my Leman Russ tank in combat, but his Paladins failed their charges. So did Draigo, trying to charge into my Engineer Guardsmen, but ate 2 wounds in overwatch from supercharged plasma. Maybe he did some damage to my Knights, I can't remember. Ugh. I think this was when Engineer Points came in, and I got 2 points, and so did he. We were even on objectives this time, and on kills (two units each), so nothing there.

In turn 3, my Knight Gallant moved up toward the Tank Commander, but still wasn't within charge range. Damn. My Eversor Assassin killed the 10 Guardsmen to deny him the Engineer objective, while he contested it with the Company Commander. I think. My Knight Crusader wiped out the 8-men Tempestus Scion squad, but stayed on the objective, and I think he finally wounded the Basilisk, but didn't kill it. Whoops. Anyway, I did get another victory point for tank hunter, so there's that. My Company Commander ran up and captured the objective that my other infantry squad got wiped out, so yay. One of my tanks retreated from the Callidus, and my other Executioner tank fired on her, but she survived because of a command re-roll.

My opponent killed one engineer squad with his Paladins, and I think he locked his Company Commander in combat with my Eversor Assassin. Turned out to be a bad mistake, because my Eversor Assassin killed him in combat, earning me Slay the Warlord for Old School. He also wiped out the last Engineer infantry squad with Draigo in combat. Ugh. He charged my tanks with his Paladins, but failed (?) or didn't wound them, but it didn't matter anyway because he charged one tank with his Callidus, then piled in and locked both tanks in combat. I shouldn't have made my first Leman Russ tank fall back so close to my second one. Whoops. He failed to kill my Company Commander with his Basilisk, though. The Tempestor Prime ran and captured the objective that my slain Engineer squad was sitting on. Anyway, we gained whatever points we could or something, but I can't remember how everything else went. We were even on objective at this point, with my Eversor Assassin capturing one objective.

In turn 4, my Knight Gallant moved and charged the tank commander, killing him with his Paragon Gauntlet. I failed to kill the Basilisk, leaving it with just one wound despite both my Knight Gallant and Knight Crusader shooting at it. I also shot at the Paladins, but only killed one of them and wounded another. Damn it! My tanks couldn't do anything, or that's what I remember anyway.

Nothing else for me to do except watch one of my tanks get wrecked in combat by the Paladins. The Basilisk killed my Eversor Assassin, but the Tempestus Scions failed their charge against my Company Commander and I continued to hold that objective. He Deep Struck his remaining Paladin from the first decimated squad next to my Eversor Assassin, but had to be more than 9" away, so he couldn't capture the objective (not that it mattered, because my Eversor Assassin was pulped by the damned Basilisks). At this point, we called it because the shop was closing up. Oh dear...

We tallied the points and realized that we had about 14 each, so it was a draw! I had Final Strike and Line Breaker from Old School, having killed the Tank Commander last turn. So it turned out to be a draw. Not bad for my first ITC game, I guess?

That was fun. I hope to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment