About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Apocalypse, Skorpius Dunerider and Chaos Knights!

Holy Omnissiah!!!!

Okay, first things first. You have to check Warhammer Community's Warhammer Fest UK 2019 Live Blog for the latest updates. And there's a ton of news. Check it here now.

I'm not going to cover them all, despite having some interest in the new Contrast paint (that's gonna save me lots of time). But the few things that catch my attention are these:

APOCALYPSE.



Being the Knight and Imperial Guard player that I am, this will allow me to field my entire collection (which includes my Skitarii fighting alongside my Guard and Knights!) in a single game. It's a 120-page field manual with lots of other stuff like movement trays, dice, command asset cards and tokens.

Best of all, the rules for our armies will be available ONLINE. Thank you so much, Games Workshop! This is one of the best decisions they have ever made! You can be sure I will be getting this Apocalypse at launch now!



Primaris Marines are getting the Repulsor Executioner, but I don't care about that because I don't play Space Marines. What interests me is this! The Adeptus Mechanicus transport for my Skitarii!



Yup, you're seeing that right. It's an open-topped hovering transport called the Skorpius Dunerider. It looks like it's a hover-tank, which makes sense, since we Adeptus Mechanicus guys have all the crazy tech. Heh! It's also armed to the teeth with Cognis heavy stubbers, if I'm looking at them right.



Definitely getting this for my Skitarii and Secutarii Hoplites (wait, can the Secutarii ride in these things? They don't have the <Forge World> keyword...)!

Oh, and you can build the Skorpius Dunerider differently. If you don't want the transport, you can build it as the Skorpius Disintegrator, which is a light tank that moves at high speed.



Cool, eh? Looks like a new Fast Attack choice for us, though I can't be sure!

Now, as a Knight player, it's time for me to brace myself for a new enemy that I must annihilate in order to preserve our honor.

Chaos Knights.




I honestly have no idea what's going on, but we are getting new Chaos Knights AND a Chaos Knight codex. Chaos Knights are getting the Knight Rampager and Knight Despoiler, as well as a brand new bunch of spikes, chains, horns and Daemonic faces.



Not only that, this new Chaos Knight kit comes with a new codex that allows you to combine all the Chaos Knight variants from the Renegade Knight index (in other words, you still get to pull your dual Gatling cannons bulls*) with new Stratagems, Relics, Warlord Traits and probably Household Traits. I daresay we'll see House Devine among them. Time to hunt these bastards down. I would be happy to field my honorable Loyalist Imperial Knights against these Chaos Knights! For the Emperor! Deus Ave Omnissiah!

Well, still no news on the Forge World Armigers just yet, but I'll be keeping my eye out for them. I love Volkite weaponry and I might just get a Knight Styrix along with them. And field them all in an Apocalypse game! Heh!

Holy Omnissiah! That's not all. We have new stuff incoming for Adeptus Titanicus, which includes carapace weapons for Reaver Titans, and new options for our Imperial Knights, including the Thunderstrike Gauntlet, the long awaited Stormspear Rocket pod and the Acastus Knight Porphyrion!

2 comments:

  1. Lord Adiatun VarunnMay 11, 2019 at 9:06 AM

    New chaos knights! Goodbye wallet, it was nice to meet you but now we have to separate ... We also hope in Dark Mechanicus and Renegade Guard, so the chaos will have all its non-Marines representatives.
    The transport of the Mechanicus instead does not attract me, it will be that I imagined a version of Onager with more legs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, I know what you mean. I probably might not get the Mechanicus transport and save up for Adeptus Titanicus instead.

      Delete