About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Friday, December 29, 2017

Tzeentch

As a future Thousand Sons player, I'll be keeping my eyes on all things Tzeentch (Warhammer 40,000 anyway, which was why I didn't cover the Disciples of Tzeentch in January almost a year ago) and monitoring them. I have half a mind to incude Tzeentch Daemons in my Thousand Sons army because of how limited a model range we have. Rubric Marines, Scarab Occult Terminators Exalted Sorcerers, Tzaangors and named Characters (Ahzek Ahriman and Magnus the Red). That means we potentially only have 4 normal units and 6 types, 2 of which are unique and can only be fielded one per army.

In other words, the Death Guard has gotten a lot more love than we did. Lord of Contagion, Malignant Plaguecaster, Plague Marines, Poxwalkers, Plaguebearers (I don't know if Plaguebearers are in the Chaos Daemons codex), Noxious Blightbringer, Foul Blightspawn, Biologus Putrifier, Plague Surgeon, Tallyman, Deathshroud Terminators, Blightlord Terminators, Beasts of Nurgle (again, not sure if it's Death Guard exclusive or a Chaos Daemon port), Foetid Bloat-drone, Myphitic Blight-haulers, Plague Drones, Plagueburst Crawler, and then you have Typhus and Mortarion. That's about 17 (15 if you remove the Chaos Daemons) normal units and 19 (17 if you remove the Chaos Daemons) exclusive Death Guard units. They have almost 4 times the types of units we have, it's crazy!

So what's a Thousand Son player to do to add a bit of diversity to his Thousand Sons army? Bring in Tzeentch Daemons as allies, of course! Unfortunately, while I was amazed by the Locus of the other Chaos Gods, Tzeentch's fell flat for me.



Oh boy. This is too reliant on luck and I have terrible luck. I'm pretty much screwed if I rely on this. I would almost prefer to switch allegiance for extra damage, re-rolls for charges or advance and charge than something that is so luck-based it's ridiculous. I would prefer a straight -1 to their hit rolls, for Tzeentch's sake!

I pray to the Emperor (committing foul heresy here I know) that this is not the only Locus we have, and that we have more Locus and more options, otherwise Tzeentch Daemons would be screwed. I mean, I'm not saying this is garbage - far from it - but it's too unreliable for my taste, and I actually prefer the other Daemon Loci. Not a good thing if I want to stay fluffy and thematic.

Oh well. It's still a long way before the Thousand Sons codex drop. Maybe I'll wait and see, we might get a whole range of units like the Death Guard did, and I can field a pure Thousand Sons army without relying on Daemons (would be great if I field Brimstone Horrors as Troops though).

No comments:

Post a Comment