About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Experimenting with new lists

So I've been playing around with what I have, and I think I can add 2 heavy weapon squads (mortars) into my collection. This is what I came up with after a while.

Spearhead Detachment (Cadian) Tank Commander - Leman Russ main battle tank with plasma cannons and lascannon 2 Leman Russ main battle tanks with 3 heavy bolters each Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons 2 Heavy weapon squads with 3 mortars each Supreme Command Detachment (Cadian) Company Commander with boltgun Primaris Psyker Lord Commissar Shadowsword with 3 twin heavy bolters and 2 lascannons Battalion Detachment (Catachan) 2 Company Commanders with boltguns and power swords 2 Command Squads with heavy flamer and 3 flamers each 3 infantry squads with 1 flamer, and 1 power sword (Sergeant) each 2 Hellhounds with heavy flamers

So yeah, that will take care of anti-infantry. Or so I hope. I had been tinkering with the list to see if I can add a Valkyrie but I don't know if that's a good idea. I mean, if I'm only using a Valkyrie as a gunship and not its transport capabilities, then I'm wasting it. Nonetheless, if I use my plasma list, I can pull something like this off.

Spearhead Detachment (Cadian) Tank Commander - Leman Russ main battle tank with plasma cannons and lascannon 2 Leman Russ main battle tanks with 3 heavy bolters each Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons 2 Heavy weapon squads with 3 mortars each.
Armored Sentinel with plasma cannon and sentinel chainsaw Supreme Command Detachment (Cadian) Company Commander with boltgun 2 Primaris Psykers Shadowsword with 3 twin heavy bolters and 2 lascannons Battalion Detachment (Vostroyan) 2 Company Commanders with boltguns 2 Command Squads with 4 plasma guns each 3 infantry squads with 1 plasma gun and 1 boltgun (Sergeant) each
Valkyrie assault carrier with 2 multiple rocket pods, 2 heavy bolters and lascannon

The roving gunship rule makes it so tempting for me to grab the Valkyrie and use it as a BS 3+ gunship, which will help its lascannon, heavy bolters and multiple rocket pods (which got buffed!). The idea is to load up the 2 company command squads into the Valkyrie along with a single Company Commander, drop them 15" away, and then rapid-fire their 8 plasma guns with the Take Aim! order. The Valkyrie can then drop to hover mode next turn to unload its BS 3+ guns (provided it doesn't die). What do you suggest?

And then, there's the option where I get a Hellhound instead of a Valkyrie, and form a Brigade Detachment for that sweet 9 Command Points.

Brigade Detachment (Catachan)
2 Company Commanders with boltguns and power swords
1 Company Commander with plasma pistol and power sword
2 Company Command squads with 1 heavy flamer and 3 flamers each
1 Company Command Squad with 4 plasma guns
3 infantry squads with 1 flamer and 1 power sword (Sergeant) each
2 infantry squads with 1 plasma gun and 1boltgun (Sergeant) each
1 Infantry squad with 1 plasma gun
3 Hellhounds with heavy flamer
2 Heavy weapon squads with 3 mortars each
1 Leman Russ main battle tank with 3 heavy flamers
Supreme Command Detachment (Cadian)
Tank Commander - Leman Russ Executioner with lascannon and plasma cannons
Lord Commissar
Primaris Psyker
Shadowsword with 3 twin heavy bolters and 2 lascannons

That nets me a grand total of 13 Command Points. Problem is...what am I supposed to spend them on? Well, we'll see. But that exchanges 2 Leman Russ tanks for 1 Hellhound, 1 Company Command Squad and 3 infantry squads. Is it worth trading them for the Command Points, or should I stick to my Spearhead Detachment lists? Please let me know! Thanks. Well, given how nobody comments or offers an opinion, I'll just head over to Discord and ask somebody there instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment