About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Who are the Adeptus Custodes?

I'm sure everyone is getting really excited for the Burning of Prospero release. I know I am, even if I am unable to afford the box set or the models. Actually...I might just say to hell with it and splash my savings on it, ha ha ha...then again, I might actually wait for the Thousand Sons codex and Rubric Marines before combining everything together. We shall see. In any case, this isn't about what I might or might not buy, it's about the Adeptus Custodes.

The official Warhammer 40K Facebook page has released a tidbit about the Adeptus Custodes. For those of you not familiar with the lore, the Adeptus Custodes are basically Super Space Marines. The very best of the best, the cream of the crop of what is the most elite forces, and basically each one is a Primarch equivalent in his own right. Well, the details are below.



As a further elaboration, the Adeptus Custodes are mnown as the Custodians, and they are charged with the sacred duty of protecting the Imperial Palace and the Golden Throne itself (that coffin-like thing that the rotting carcass of the Emperor writhes inside, barely sustaining his life). They are the Guardians of Terra, never leaving Terra itself and rarely departing from the Imperial Palace. They are the ones who decide who gets to enter the throne room, and when.

That sounds badass enough to you?

Anyway, they answer only to the God-Emperor himself! I think their overall commander is the Captain-General or something and he is one of the High Lords of Terra. A small section of three hundred Custodians are known as the Companions and they will never leave the Emperor's side. Ever.

The Custodians themselves are larger and much more powerful than the normal Space Marines, so expect their rules to scale up otherwise. I wouldn't be surprise if a single squad of Custodian costs as much as an Imperial Knight itself, with S10 and 6 Wounds or something, ha ha.

Anyway, we shall see what their rules are like! They will be awesome! However, despite their legendary status, the Custodians still die as easily as everyone else, even to the psychic powers of the Thousand Sons! The quest for knowledge will persevere! Ahem...sorry, I'm not committing heresy, honest. Don't report me to the Commissar.

Let's all look forward to the release!

No comments:

Post a Comment