About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Brewing a Storm Trooper

And I went and finished the rest of my Storm Troopers. So now I have all 25 Storm Troopers, known as Kamikaze Troopers in their fluff, assembled and ready for action. All that's left is painting, and of course the 2 Taurox Prime APCs and the 3rd Vendetta for my Emperor's Spear Aerial Company.

I want to try writing a Space Hulk story for these guys, it'll be fun. We'll see, I have a job, I have to build these guys, and I have other responsibilities.

Anyway, here's what I have so far.

25 Storm Troopers and a Leman Russ Punisher
Yeah, that's the full platoon. Or actually detachment. For the Cadian Battle Group, also known as Draconian Battle Group, we have 2 Command squads serving as HQ, and 2 Troops, 1 5-men squad and 1 10-men squad. Yay. That's a lot of firepower. I hope.

I have a plasma command squad, which will make full use of the "Autonomous Fire Sanctioned!" order. I also have a hot-shot volley command squad, who will maximize the Rending granted by the "Elimination Protocol Sanctioned!" order. Of course, this is only for when I use them as a pure Militarum Tempestus army. If I were to use them as part of the Draconian Battle Group, I'll only use 1 melta command squad, and shuffle the hot-shot volley gunners into the 5-men squad and 10-men squad. It's to maximize their dakka with the First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire! order.

Hot-shot volley command squad and melta squad

Plasma command squad and 10-men melta squad
I will make one Taurox Prime with the twin-linked Taurox gatling cannon and twin-linked hot-shot volley gun, and one Taurox Prime with the Taurox missile launcher and twin-linked autocannons. That should round out my Militarum Tempestus platoon/Militarum Tempestus army. It seems playing them on their own is quite fun, so I might run them with Skitarii allies or as allies for Cohort Cybernetica (pseudo Skitarii!). If I ever get down to it, they'll all have fun in a Space Hulk together!

No comments:

Post a Comment