About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, November 5, 2023

MkIII Marines

I did it! I finally assembled a bunch of MkIII Marines from the Legiones Astartes Battle Group!


So you can see a squad of Dark Angels Inductii, all armed with volkite chargers. Oh, their helmets look different? Yeah, I didn't use the spiked helms or clip off the spikes. Instead, I used the helms from the now out of production MKIII Marines from a few years back, so they look cool and in scale! I think.


The second five men squad is Dark Angels again, but a support tactical squad armed with...wait, those don't look like combi plasma. They aren't exactly plasma guns either. What are they?


Plasma repeaters. The Dark Angels have access to unique plasma weapons called plasma repeaters, and they are supposed to be twin linked, so I slapped on the combi plasma bits from my vehicles (Deimos Rhino, Deimos Predators and Land Raider Proteus, and Spartan), to create twin linked plasma guns or plasma repeaters!


The last squad of MKIII looks like Thousand Sons Veterans, but they aren't. No, they are Thousand Sons Numerologist Cabal. I decided to bump them up to a 10 man squad, so I added another 5 life wards to guard the Numerologist. And a second volkite caliver because why the hell not? Order of Ruin is a big thing for my Loyalist Thousand Sons.

I wonder how I will paint them. Later this week, I might assemble a Dark Angels Veteran squad. But we will see. Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment