About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Spring-Step RTT/GT

So I went and participated in a tournament at the Forge in Chaska. Many thanks to my friend who gave me a ride, otherwise I never would have been able to go to the Forge. I kind of feel bad - it was a long drive, so maybe I shouldn't take advantage of him. Oh, well. Anyway, the tournament itself was a great experience. As usual, I brought Imperial Knights because...well, I'm a Knight player. What else did you think I was going to bring? Black Templars? Nah. I'm all about Imperial Knights!

Anyway, my list looked something like this:

Imperial Knights Super-heavy Detachment (Glorified History, Hounds of War, Mechanicus aligned)

Dominus Knight Castellan with Cold Eradication and Cawl's Wrath

Questoris Knight Prceptor with Ion Bulwark and Stormspear rocket pod

3 Armiger Warglaives with meltaguns

3 Armiger Knights Moirax, 2 with 2 graviton pulsars and 1 with 2 lightning locks

So yeah. That pretty much sums up my list. Hey, it's Imperial Knights, I don't have that many units. Still pretty fun to play with them because...well, Knights!

Game 1


I had the fortune of playing against an awesome Nurgle Daemon list in my first game. The mission was Recover the Relics or something like that. There was no Great Unclean One, but there was Be'lakor, who basically ran up the table, killed my Knight Preceptor in combat, then my opponent used a Stratagem for Be'lakor to fight twice and kill a Knight Moirax. Ouch. My shooting in the first couple of times was...bad. Still, I managed to kill Be'lakor with my Knight Castellan, and Be'lakor himself ate 3 mortal wounds when he perilled twice with Warp Ritual. I think he rolled 2 6s the first time, and then rolled 2 1s on a Command Reroll. What are the odds!?


My Knights had to slowly fight their way through a bunch of Plaguebearers riding on wasps, the Armiger Warglaives slowly hacking away at them over five turns, but eventually I succeeded in clearing them off the table and managed to get more primary objectives than him. I thought I had lost the game, but I managed to somehow turn it around in the last few turns, and I think the score was 89 to 82 in my favor. My opponent made the mistake of not taking Bring it Down, or he would have scored 9 points instead of 3 for Warp Ritual, having killed my Knight Preceptor and 3 Armiger Knights. Hmm, even if he did take Bring it Down, the score would still have been 89 to 88. Well, it was a close and very fun game, so I have no complaints! I really enjoyed it!

Game 2


This time, I ended up playing against Deathwing. There were literally 47 Deathwing Terminators on the table, along with Champion in Terminator Armor and an Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator armor. The mission was Data Scry Salvage, and I used the Armigers' Objective Secured to my advantage to claim the objectives in the No Man's Land and score more on primary while keeping my distance from the slow-moving Deathwing Terminators. Despite their durable Transhuman (can only be wounded on unmodified rolls of 4+), I was able to table him by turn 5...somehow. That said, I only had 3 Knights left on the table because he wrecked my Knight Preceptor in the first or second turn, and I used Noble Sacrifice to blow up his Terminators...and accidentally destroyed one of my own Armigers with 6 mortal wounds. Ouch. Well, I also did quite some damage to his Terminators, so worth it, I guess?


In any event, I managed to win 92 to 44 despite losing 4 Armigers and my Knight Preceptor to a bunch of thunder hammers. It was a fun game, and it was a lot closer than the score made it seem, mostly because the Deathwing suffered from only being able to score points only if they hold 2 or more, or hold 3 or more, or hold more than me. I was always holding more than him and grabbing the objectives all over the table. I think I was able to max out Yield no Ground, which was the new Imperial Knight secondary I took for all my games. Honestly, I was surprised. I thought I would lose and be unable to kill his Deathwing, but I think my raw firepower took out his Terminators, who might benefit from an Apocethary's Feel No Pain, considering my graviton pulsars and Cawl's Wrath plasma decimator were doing like 3 damage apiece.


Game 3


The mission was Conversion, and my opponent brought Orks. A SpeedWaaagh using the SpeedFreakz Army of Renown. I went first, to my chagrin, and the first couple of turns were...pretty bad. But when he raced his bikers across the table, I took them out fairly easily with the graviton pulsars. The raw number of lightning locks shots also helped take out the deffkoptas despite the Ramshackle stuff. Eventually, I was able to power through and kill all his buggies and deffkoptas with melta and the Knight Castellan's firepower, along with the Armigers...though I ended up losing like 4 Armigers and once again my Knight Preceptor died. I pulled Noble Sacrifice and blew him up, dealing 6 mortal wounds to 2 different deffkopta squadrons and 3 mortal wounds to a third squadron. The explosions were really on point!


I have to say the Knight Preceptor was pretty...useless, though. The only thing he can do is blow up on death and deal mortal wounds, but his shooting and melee were pretty abyssmal. Can't complain, given I almost tabled my opponent, leaving just 2 buggies hiding in a ruin, but otherwise I killed everything else, including the Warboss in a buggy. Whoa. I so did not expect that. After the last time I played against Orks where I got tabled, I expected to die horribly, but I actually won for a third time in a row. The score was 91 to 53 in my favor, I think. Again, the game was a lot closer than the score made it out to be, with my opponent wrecking over half of my Knights. Dakka is awesome.

Game 4

The next mission was the Scouring, and I knew my luck would run out eventually. But I didn't think it would be this bad. In any event, my opponent was Adeptus Custodes, so...you probably know how it went down. Needless to say, I got tabled by turn 3...hell, I didn't have a turn 3, my Knights were totally annihilated during my opponent's turn 3. Yikes. His jetbikes, Galatus Dreadnoughts and Sagittarium pushed down the table, with the Vexilia providing a -1 to hit. Damn it.


My shooting was, as usual, horrible. And I paid the price for it. I was rolling 1s and 2s, and missing entirely, and when my shots did land, I rolled 1s for the damage - talking the D6 damage for Stormspear rocket pod and las-impulsor. Not to mention my 4 meltaguns on my Knight Castellan failed to do a single wound. Can't complain after the first three games, and like I said, my luck was going to run out eventually. But even so, it was a completely one-sided affair where I only killed one squad of jet-bikes and the 2 Galatus Dreadnoughts...and that was it. In exchange for all 8 of my Knights.


The score was 22 to 95, which was a heavy loss. Yeah...that was painful.

Edit: Apparently there is no round 5. There was only player who was undefeated yesterday, so he's the winner! Congratulations to David, I think, for finishing first with Space Wolves!

I ended up finishing 10th. Well...that's not so bad...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment