About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, July 25, 2021

Summer Meltdown Grand Tournament - Renegade Wargaming Event

 So I attended the Summer Meltdown Grand Tournament organized by Renegade yesterday, and...well, yeah. I can't say I did well (in fact, I probably did horribly), but I had a good time and it was fun. I guess that's the most important, so it's fine.

So the Renegade GT was composed of 5 rounds. Uh, well...I didn't take many pictures because we were on a chess timer, and it was pretty intense and competitive. Also, I'm too exhausted to write detailed reports, so I'll just sum them up briefly.

First game was against Salamanders, owned by Kyle. You can see him in the picture here below! Great guy. Anyway, it ended pretty...uh, one-sided. The Salamanders with their meltas smashed my Knights and I was effectively tabled by...was it turn 4 or 5? He blew my Knights up with the Eradicators and Land Speeders with multimeltas, and the Aggressors also did quite a lot of work. I lost the game 47-93. Ouch.

My second game was against White Scars, and even though he had a Leviathan Dreadnought and Eradicators, they weren't as potent as Salamanders (with the +1 to wound for melta during Tactical Doctrine) and he only brought 3 of them as opposed to 6, so I survived, and I managed to...uh, I think I tabled him. I'm not sure. I can't remember. Maybe he had a few dudes left, but I remember stomping his Chaplain to death, along with blowing up his Leviathan and Redemptor Dreadnoughts. He also had Bladeguard Veteran and Hellblasters, who I blew to bits, and I also got rid of the Land Speeder Storm, Scouts, Outriders and Intercessors, so if I'm not mistaken, I did wipe out his army, but it was still a close game because he had scored big on primary objectives (while I screwed up on the Primary), and also on Oath of Moment. I managed to win 70-52. Close one! Phew.

My third game was against Adeptus Custodes. Another close game, I managed to destroy the Jet-bikes, but because the damned Custodes all had Objective Secured, I could not contest a single Objective. All he had to do was plant a single Character or squad or whatever on an objective, and it's his. So he scored big on primary. Also, I picked the wrong secondaries - should have taken To the Last, for example, instead of No Prisoners. Also should have retrieved Ocatrius Data with my Ruststalkers instead of charging them in. I ended up killing every single unit in his army except for 2 models. Just 2 models - the Shield Captain and a single Custodian Guard. Unfortunately, I was unable to grab the objectives I needed despite trying to snatch them from the durable and Objective Secured Custodians, and I lost 65-76. If I had gotten To The Last and done Ocatrius Data, I might have gotten 12 more points, enough for me to win. If my Knights could contest objectives better, he wouldn't have gotten so many primary objective points. Ugh, it was a frustating loss, but I did my best. Can't do anything else.

My fourth game was against Ultramarines with a ton of Dreadnoughts. I made a horrible mistake of picking To The Last because of that last game, but I ended up losing all of my Knights to his Dreadnoughts. Despite killing 4 out of 6 Dreadnoughts (well, he actually had 2 Redemptor Dreadnoughts, 2 Contemptor Dreadnoughts and 2 Invictor Tactical Warsuits, but because the latter are walkers, I counted them as Dreadnoughts for ease of summary), I lost all of my Knights because I stupidly had my Castelallan within range of the Redemptor Dreadnought. I did get quite a few objectives, though, thanks to my Skitarii, but...yeah, it kind of sucked. My Knight Crusader did blow up with a hail Mary and killed his Librarian, Primaris Techmarine (Master of the Forge) and damaged his remaining Dreadnoughts, but otherwise there was little for me to say, other than...yeah, I captured objectives and did relatively well. Again, I made a terrible mistake of picking secondaries - if I had picked Engage on all Fronts instead of To the last, I would have won or at least gotten a draw. Instead, I got 0 for To the last and lost the game 71-86. Ugh, how frustrating.

My fifth game was against Thousand Sons, with Magnus. I was lucky enough to go first and wounded Magnus enough to tier him, so when he flew across the table, Warptimed, and crashed into my Knight Castellan...he SURVIVED! Killed Magnus in the second round, and then everything went downhill for my opponent from there. I...well, I feel bad because of how one-sided it was, and I wiped him out by turn 4. Ouch. I won the game 93-41. Sorry, Talha. I did not expect that to happen. I thought Magnus would win the game for him, or at least make it a lot closer. Wow...

Also, I wanted to take a picture of Talha's Thousand Sons army, but he left before I could. Whoops, I completely forgot! Ugh...

And there you have it. I won 2 games and lost 3 to cap off a...well, unimpressive performance. I finished 33rd out of 56 players. Considering that it was my first Grand Tournament, I guess it's...okay? I can't complain. I'm playing Knights, after all. Depending on what happens with the Thousand Sons codex (if they make psychic more fun), I'll most likely stick with Knights. I love Thousand Sons, but honestly, I'm not happy with what they did to our psychic spells. The nerf to smite was just a killer, and we don't get a +1 to casting psychic spells like Grey Knights do, which just makes it unreliable for me. We'll see, I suppose. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment