About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Tanks win battles, artillery wins wars

I probably don't have any money for this, but eventually I would like to buy the Forge World Carnodon tanks. But at the same time, I'm wondering if I'm better off with Basilisks. I mean, I love both tanks and artillery, but right now I'm leaning toward tanks. I would love to build a primarily armor-based Imperial Guard regiment...wait, that's what I'm doing. Never mind. But it never hurts to have more tanks. I'm wondering if my Brigade with Stormtroopers mixed inside isn't exactly optimal. Sure, it's fun to play with, but it feels...pretty weak. My infantry die too much, even the Stormtroopers, the Armored Sentinels make for good screening stuff and they are honestly quite a valuable addition. But even so...I feel like I could use more tanks than Stormtroopers and the like.

But Basilisks also provide me a long-range option that I'm sorely lacking, being able to shoot at units who are out of line of sight, and stuff. Furthermore, Strength 9 AP -3...yeah, that sounds pretty awesome to me. More awesome than the volkite weaponry on the Carnodon tanks. Plus they are cheaper and more affordable...ugh! I don't know!

I also don't know if I should get a Leviathan Dreadnought for my Deathwatch...but if I do, I won't be able to play them alongside my Imperial Guard and Leman Russ tanks. I do know I'm going to get a Leviathan Dreadnought for my Thousand Sons, though! I've managed to increase the number of Contemptor Dreadnoughts, and I hope they'll strengthen my Thousand Sons considerably! So I don't have to worry about almost getting tabled again like that time against Black Legion and World Eaters! Looking forward to my Thousand Sons reinforcements!

I was thinking of having something similar to the Order of Ruin, a Cybernetica Order. I mean, in Horus Heresy A Thousand Sons, we have Khalophis, the Captain of the 6th Fellowship, control maniples of robots. I would like to think that similar Thousand Sons Sorcerers remain, and we have a few Sorcerers who continue to control and lead maniples of robots and automatons into battle. The Contemptor Dreadnoughts are to represent that - so we have Contemptor-class, Deredeo-class and Leviathan-class automatons fighting under the control of Thousand Sons Sorcerers as opposed to Dreadnoughts, but they look the same so it hardly matters. And these very same Thousand Sons Sorcerers continue to recruit and maintain a Traitor Guard regiment called Spireguard, just like they did in The War of the Fang. One day I'll try to develop a storyline further along these lines, but as you already know, my writing is horrible, so whatever.

Maybe I'll get a couple of games for my Thousand Sons this weekend, and I'll let you know what happens then!

No comments:

Post a Comment