About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Glad to play Gladius

I went and bought Warhammer 40,000: Gladius, Relics of War, all just to play the Astra Militarum campaign. Well, because, as you know, my main army is Astra Militarum (actualy, it's Knights, but Knight Houses need their House Militia, which in Draconis III, is made up of the Imperial Guard).

I learned how to play the game with the introduction thing, but Space Marines are...not my thing. Nonetheless, I learned how to build stuff and get a feel of the game, and ended up wiping out the Necrons without even realizing it. Well, it's the introduction, after all. Then I played Astra Militarum in the Single Player, and won by taking out the enemy Astra Militarum (Traitors and Heretics!) base without realizing it either. I tried to take on the Lord of Skulls, but I got my ass handed to me over and over, even with a Baneblade. Damn, but that thing is tough to beat.

I'm currently on a 7-faction game where I allied with Space Marines against 2 allied Necrons against 3 un-allied Orks (disparate Ork Warbands fighting against each other and us). Uh...that was a bad idea. The Necrons steamrolled and crushed the Space Marines, and then wiped out the Orks, and now I'm under siege by their army, and I'm not sure if my squadron of Leman Russ tanks will be able to defeat the Necron army. Ugh...

Well, I'll do my best, and I'll start a new game if I can't win this one. At least I succeeded in learning how to manage my resources. My first few games were hampered by a lack of Loyalty and now I found out how to increase Loyalty in my cities, so I don't think I'll suffer the problem again. Phew.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting... really wish a few more of these would be available on consoles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a great game! I can't stop playing it! I'm always going, "one more turn..."

      Delete