About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Cadiascreed and Elite40k (Charlie), Imperial Guard

Anyone has any news on Cadia's Creed or Elite40K (Charlie)? It's been months since the blogger for Cadia's Creed, Grumpy Guardsman, has posted anything. Charlie is another thing, since it's been less than a month since he posted on the Elysian Drop Troops. But after the mathhammering he did and the analysis, I would have thought he went off to play games to test his statistics or get a good idea on how his analysis and theories worked out. But...nope. After all those analytical posts, I didn't see any battle reports or news from him. Where did he go?

I'm curious as to know how Imperial Guard is doing in this edition. Other than the Conscript spam, of course. Ugh. I've decided to sell off most of my Imperial Guard stuff and just keep my Leman Russ tanks and Shadowsword. I'll probably grab a couple of Hellhounds and 3 Armored Sentinels to play an Armored Company - I don't care if it's not competitive, I'm a fluff player and my Imperial Guard is a tank or armored regiment. With that said, I'm pretty interested in seeing how Leman Russ tanks fare in the new edition. My Imperial Knights are doing a lot better than expected, crushing a lot of armies one-sidedly. So has my Adeptus Mechanicus army, which...yeah, has tons of firepower. But I don't think that's representative of the meta, and I'm also a little invested in how Imperial Guard performs. When I return to Singapore next year, I'll be taking my Leman Russ tanks and Shadowsword from my friend (by force if necessary, heh - I'm a Commissar, after all), and adding the Hellhounds and Sentinels.

So let me know if you guys have any news regarding the Grumpy Guardsman or Charlie. I would love to know if they have gotten any games under their belt for 8th Edition and how Imperial Guard is performing. I would prefer not to hear about Conscript spam, but if that's what you got, I'll be happy to listen to your stories about how your blobs of Conscripts overwhelmed your opponents with wave after wave of bodies.

And so I'll be traveling back to Minneapolis, and this time I'm bringing my Imperial Knights and Adeptus Mechanicus with me! Heh, with the way I'm going for the past few months and probably for the next 9 months, it seems that I really am Admech Knight, what with my Adeptus Mechanicus and Imperial Knights army...

2 comments:

  1. Haha you're blogger-shaming me into posting something! I've been building/painting/playing instead of writing because I'm really enjoying 8th Ed. I've also found in writing the analysis posts that it's very "Conscripts+support=profit", and everything else is suboptimal right now. I've been playing not-Conscripts vs Conscripts and it's sadly pretty bad if you're not the horde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! That's pretty cool! Ouch, so Conscripts is the new meta now. Sigh.

      I wonder how they will fare against my Imperial Knights. Have you tried your conscript list against Imperial Knights?

      Delete