About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Prospero Spireguard

I'm slowly reading The Razing of Prospero and I hope to get a book review out for you guys soon. But damn, it's long. I've finished A Thousand Sons by Graham McNeill and am right now reading Prospero Burns. Dan Abnett's writing style is so different from Graham McNeill that it felt jarring to read his account right after I finished the other.

Once I finish the entire book, I'll write a book review, and include the short stories as well.

In other news, I've gotten Kingsblade and The Omnissiah's Chosen, which is a series of short stories about the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Skitarii, so I'll get to them as soon as possible, but for the foreseeable future, I'll be reading the Ahriman trilogy once I finish The Razing of Prospero for the whole Thousand Sons thematic reference. That will be cool.

Speaking of which, I just realized that there's one thing I forgot. The Prospero Spireguard. I notice that these normal men and women, fighting alongside the superhuman Astartes of the Thousand Sons, often get forgotten, their contributions thrown aside in favor of their more recognized counterparts. I mean, I like Captain Sokhem Vithara of the 15th Prosperine Asssault Infantry, and in a book filled with awesome Thousand Son characters like Ahzek Ahriman, Hathor Maat, Phosis T'kar, Baleq Uthizzar and even Kalophis, that's saying something. Hell, Magnus is so awesome in this book, despite his hubris, you can't help but root for the guy. Graham McNeill did an awesome job of potrtaying the Thousand Sons. Yet among them he added very human characters that do not get overhsadowed by them, like Vithara. I'm feeling pretty sad for the Propsero Spireguard. They were featured prominently here, used in the attack of Fenris during Battle of the Fang, but now they're completely forgotten when Wrath of Magnus rolled out, replaced by the Tzangors or whatever.

I want rules for the Prospero Spireguard! I want psychic Imperial Guard! Can't we have that?!

Speaking of which, Horus Heresy volume 7: Inferno is released, and while we get Rites of War for the Thousand Sons and Space Wolves (apparently known as the Rout among themselves), plus Custodes and Sisters of Silent, we don't get anything for the Prospero Spireguard. Come on Forgeworld. Don't forget the little guys. The Prospero Spireguard deserve more credit than that. They were the first to respond and fight Leman Russ and his Space Wolves. They fought before the Thousand Sons did. Credit due to them, they held their line against the revered Astartes and refused to flee. They, normal men and women, mere mortals, stood against the ferocious ranks of Adeptus Astartes and fought the Space Wolves without faltering.

They deserve some recognition. Right? RIGHT?!

Give rules for the Prospero Spireguard as well! Are they part of the Imperial Miltia? Do they use Solar Auxillia rules? Yeah, I know they're a branch of the Imperial Army, so does that put them under Imperial Miltia and Cults? Ugh...anyway, the Prospero Spireguard is as awesome as every other Imperial Guard regiment!

FOR PROSPERO! The Wolves shall burn! Wait, they already did, I guess. Magnus had his revenge last year. Too bad he kind of flunked out against Roboute Guilliman. Um, I don't have the Rise of the Primarch, but do you guys want me to go around collecting spoilers and writing a brief summary about it anyway?

2 comments:

  1. You can make them alright with the Militia and Cults list, though the one Psyker wont fit in as its a loose rouge crazy type.

    I'm thinking: Cyber Augmented for that tzeechy +6 invulnerable save or just going with the two disciplined vanilla type traits of Warrior Elite +1 leadership and Survivors of a Dark Age for the +1 armor

    you can sorta fluff out maybe vox casters as telepaths or flamers as pyrocasters. A full army might be hard to theme, but a half and half would work ok, maybe even competitive. Hiding powerfull casters in blobs, or using the cheaper hummans instead of tacticals that don't really cast well.

    I want the alpha legion Geno Five-Two Chiliad and Lucifer Blacks. The list is ok at ad-mech tech thralls and iron warrior scum, but hey, I'll take them too. Militia and Cults are pretty handy for such a poorly developed side army list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yeah! That sounds great! Thanks for the info, I look forward to experimenting with that.

      Delete