About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Painted stuff

I spent the whole night painting my Stormblade, Leman Russ Executioner tank, Sydonian Dragoons and a couple of Skitarii Rangers.

The tanks were easy to paint - they were already mostly painted. I simply needed to add Castellan Green. I went and bought Castellan Green on Saturday, and now I added patches in to give my tanks more life. They don't look so plain anymore.

Kind of glad with how they turned out. Now I can run an armored spearhead. Yay. 4 Leman Russ Executioner tanks (one of them will be a Tank Commander), a Stormblade andd 3 Armored Sentinels, all armed with plasma cannons. A plasma armored regiment for my Imperial Guard. Now I'll have to collect the Krieg Guardsmen and convert them into Draconians. Hopefully I can get enough plasma guns for them, or else it would be...yeah.

Speaking of plasma, I also painted my 2 Skitarii Rangers with plasma calivers. I can't say I'm impressed with the transuranic arquebuses, so I decided to replace them with plasma calivers instead. Fits the fluff of my forge world, Draconis IV more, since we produce lots of plasma weapons. I mean, just look at the tanks we manufacture for the Draconian Defenders Imperial Guard regiments. They get literally nothing but plasma. If I could, I would field every single Guardsmen with a plasma gun, but I guess the rules don't allow for that.

I also painted my Sydonian Dragoons. Can't wait to run them. I wonder how they will fare in a game maybe later today. I'll keep you guys posted. I also grabbed a couple of power swords and swapped the taser goads out for the power swords. I prefer the power swords with the +1 Strength and AP -3 as opposed to simply getting +2 Strength and AP -1. With the Vanguard's Rad-saturation rule decreasing the opponent's Toughness and Ryza giving them a +1 to wound rolls in melee, I figured a power sword would work better for them. So...yeah. I'll be wounding Space Marines on 2+ when I charge them, so might as well get the AP -3 one instead.

Anyway, we'll see how the Sydonian Dragoons fare today!

No comments:

Post a Comment