About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Experimenting with Forge Worlds

 Which forge world is your favorite, everyone?

Well, I guess I modeled mine on Ryza. I'm still calling it Draconis IV for now, but I'm considering a name change in future. Maybe I'll call it Dryza. No...that sounds dumb, sorry. I have half a mind to rename my Knight World Luthien, but that's pushing the copyright bit too far. I want my Knight World to stay Draconis, that's for sure. And Luthien is closer to Lucius than Ryza, so...yeah. Maybe Draconza. Still a little too close to Draconis for my liking. Maybe Ryuuza? That's a little too...lazy. Ugh...I don't know. I'll spend a bit more time thinking about it. I have half a mind to name my forge world Ares, because...you know, God of War. And they love getting in close (sort of like Ares) and slicing people apart. My Skitarii are a warlike breed, after all. Surprisingly, there is no world called Ares yet, so maybe I'll just take Ares for my dudes.

So I had like 6 games with Slaved Systems Forge World: Ryza so far (since my forge world is based on Ryza, from plasma weaponry to close combat - samurai Skitarii, heh), and I find it fun. Seriously, charging in with my Skitarii and wrecking people in close combat was fun as hell. It's just a pity I got crushed when playing against Drukhari, they do the whole close combat thing much better than my Skitarii.

I have half a mind to experiment with other Slaved System Forge worlds, such as Mars. Would be cool if I did a Mars and House Taranis theme where my Skitarii are based off Mars and my Knight House is based off House Taranis (including the Stratagem). My current range of models allows for that, after all - I have so many special weapons that I can basically run multiple small units, each featuring one special weapon, and maximize the re-roll hit rolls that Mars provides. Plus the Canticles that my Skitarii get also benefit them in combat - increasing their Strength, additional D6 for charge rolls, -1 to hit rolls in close combat - so it's not so bad. Ryza is fun, but I should try out Mars once in a while, make full use of my multiple small units, and see if the special weapons work out. Who knows? Maybe they will. I'll also be throwing my Archaeopter Stratoraptors in because they also benefit somewhat from the re-rolls, but we'll see. I don't know how it'll work out but we'll find out.

Or maybe I should just stick to Ryza since I'm having so much fun with it right now. Yeah, I got crushed on Saturday, which made me feel a little sad, but it was still fun. I'm going with a pure Knight list this Saturday, but if that doesn't work out, I'll return to the drawing board and try again! Maybe Mars might be more suitable for the models I have, considering the number of special weapons I have in my armory. Who knows? We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment