About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Thousand Sons



Warhammer Community has a Faction Focus for the Thousand Sons today!



As always, they look glorious. I hope my secretly Loyalist Thousand Sons...do something.



But we'll more often than not end up fighting the armies of the Imperium, given how the majority of my friends play Imperium. Oh, well. We'll see. How many people actually play Chaos? Just me? Uh, okay. That kind of sucks.

Anyway, we do have new psychic actions for secondary objectives! Cool! Let's see what it does for us (and the Inquisition).



Oh...nice. So what are the secondary objectives that can be achieved through psychic actions?



Exactly. So this isn't just for my Thousand Sons, it also works for my Ordo Maellus Inquisitor.

Everything else is what you would expect. Deep Striking Magnus from Strategic Reserves, etc. Nah, I'm not getting Magnus. Ignatius is too much of a secret Loyalist, so he avoids his father as much as possible (as you'll probably see in the next story, which I will write...soon). And I have no intention of joining the Cult of Duplicity or whatever. Ignatius is from the Cult of Magic, and so he shall remain in the Cult of Magic. His fellow non-Rubricae Thousand Sons are actually made up of ex-Librarians from renegade Space Marine Chapters (you probably saw that in my previous story) and he inducts them into the Cult of Magic. They also have their own Cultist army made of renegade guardsmen, also known as the Ninth Sons. Wait what? Ninth Sons (Yeah, it's a reference to the Seventh Sons in Sons of the Hydra by Rob Sanders, regarding the Alpha Legion). Knowledge is power, magic is awesome, we shall show the galaxy the might of our sorcery! While...you know, secretly helping out the Imperium. So if possible, we'll target the xenos and root them out. The Necrons seem to be threatening us with their own Pariah nexus, and the Tyranids plan to scour all life from the galaxy. Got to stop them.

But there is something new that I should talk about. Do you remember the uproar that was raised when the super-heavy auxiliary detachment was raised during the Knight articles? Wow, looking at Facebook, I couldn't help but be amused. I know I'm always whining about other people whining on Facebook, but seriously, the amount of hyperbole and people jumping into conclusions is ridiculous. "Well, Magnus is dead." "Mortarion is dead." All that sort of nonsense. Because they think they have to pay 3 Command Points to bring their Primarch along. There were several people who pointed out that surely we will have some bonus or special rule to refund those Command Points back for bringing a Primarch. And they were right! As always, reason prevails over hyperbole. Introducing the newly adjusted Supreme Command Detachment!



Uh, what? Supreme Commander? Did they say Supreme Commander?!

Supreme Commander 01 by ShamusZ3R0 on DeviantArt

No, not that kind of Supreme Commander. Never mind. Anyway, if you take Magnus, Roboute Guilliman or Mortarion as your Warlord, which you bring along in a Supreme Command Detachment, you still get refunded your Command Points for any Patrol, Battalion or Brigade Detachments that you bring along. Interesting.

So what is this Supreme Commander? Does anyone know? Does that mean I can bring my super-heavy Baneblade-class tank as a Supreme Commander for my armored Astra Militarum army? That would be cool. Otherwise it would suck paying three points for a single Baneblade or Stormblade or Shadowsword. However, if there is an option to make a Baneblade or Stormblade my Warlord, I will surely go for it. It makes no sense otherwise that my Tank Commander "Warlord" outranks the commander in the Baneblade/Stormblade.

I can't wait to see more details! Woohoo! Looking forward to it!

Good lord...the whining intensifies. First, it's "I have to spend 3 points to bring Magnus in?! Magnus is dead!" And now it's "this invalidates the whole Psychic Awakening Cults! I can't bring Cult Relics! WAAAAH!" God-Emperor of Man, chill out, people. Obviously they would take that into account and FAQ it. Did you not learn anything from your first hyperbole? Can people stop whining for once and calm down and wait? It's like they are so entitled. Your whining has been shut down with each new reveal, and yet you find new things to complain about. You guys just sound absolutely miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment