About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Tempestus Drop Force

Oh, wow. I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I saw this:



And we get a cool Stratagem that goes with it. Awesome!



This makes for a very fluffy Kamikaze Troopers detachment! So I was thinking that I could build an Ordo Xenos strike force with my Kamikaze Troopers and Deathwatch, and they will look something like this:

Deathwatch Company
Watch Master
Primaris Watch Captain
Veterans with storm bolters (Sergeant with stormshield)
Veterans with 4 Deathwatch frag cannons (Sergeant with xenophase blade and stormshield)
10 Intercessors with bolt rifles and 2 auxiliary grenade launchers (Sergeant with power sword)
Corvus Blackstar with twin lascannon, hurricane bolter, Blackstar rocket launchers and auspex array
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought with 2 grav-flux bombards
Contemptor Mortis Dreadnought with 2 twin lascannons

Kamikaze Tempestus Drop Force
Tempestor Prime with Tempestus Command Rod
Tempestor Prime with Tempestus Command Rod
Tempestus command squad with 4 plasma guns
Tempestus command squad with 4 plasma guns
Tempestus squad of 5 with 2 plasma guns
Tempestus squad of 5 with 2 plasma guns
Tempestus squad of 5 with 2 plasma guns
Valkyrie with lascannon, multiple rocket pods and heavy bolters

That looks awesome! YAY! I'll go with this then! This makes for a very fluffy Ordo Xenos list! My only wish is to include an Inquisitor, but I guess it's fine. I can pretend that one of the Tempestors Prime is an Inquisitor, which makes sense, since Inquisitors have a retinue of Stormtrooper bodyguards and there's no reason why an Inquisitor wouldn't be able to order his Stormtrooper bodyguards about. Then I can use the Cypra Mundi Null-Emitter as an exotic item that the Inquisitor carries, to make him more Inquisitor-y! YAY!

I can't wait to try this out!

According to 1d4chan, we get a second Stratagem called Aerial Fire Support, where a Militarum Temepstus Drop Force Valkyrie fires overwatch for any Tempestus Drop Force infantry unit within 6" of it that gets charged. And your Valkyrie hits on 4+ on overwatch regardless of modifiers! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment