About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, almost there!

I've played the last chapter of Battlefeet Gothic: Armada, and I've stopped right at the last mission. I played about 3 turns, wiping the sector clean of Chaos, only for Abaddon the Despoiler to unleash the power of 3 Blackstone Fortresses to destroy the Taranis system by shooting the star and making it go supernova. Ouch. One system gone, just like that. I carried on eradicating Chaos fleets, but there was one mission that made me go nuts. Playing Planetary Assault as an attacker is hard enough, but playing it as defender is pretty much impossible. The AI somehow has the advantage, and his bombardment mission points always spawn right next to each other. So somehow he wins because he is super-lucky or the AI is simply cheating. When I'm the attacker, my bombardment points spawn right at the opposite sides of the map, which makes it frustratingly difficult for me, unless I split my ships up.

But no, the AI gets all the advantages. For some reason, his ships move faster than mine. He has many more cruisers, even though we're supposed to have the same number of points. What's with that? Worse, even though the AI is supposed to get to 3 bombardment positions before he wins, somehow I get defeated after he scores 2 out of 5 bombardment positions. There was once where he won once he got to the 1st bombardment position. What the hell is wrong with the game? Is this some sort of bug!?

In the end I cut my losses and accepted my defeat, because I have 4 deployments, and only 2 available missions. The Planetary Assault changed into Cruiser Clash, which I won with much difficulty, considering how I lost my Mars battlecruiser and almost lost my Overlord battlecruiser. Ugh. But hey, at least I won that one, it wasn't an impossible mission like the Planetary Assault Defender where I replayed it for almost an hour and still failed to win. That was irritating as hell. I would rather play other more fun missions like Breakthrough, Assassination and Cruiser Clash.

Speaking of which, I eliminated Terminus Est, the Death Guard flagship. It took me a few tries because the damned ship was always warping away for some reason. Even though my Teleportarium Strike succeeded in canceling his warp once, the guy could warp almost immediately after that, with the cooldown being inexplicably fast. That's not fair, the warp for my ships take 3 minutes, but this guy only took 1 minute or less to have his warp cool down?! Why? Well, at least I managed to destroy Terminus Est in the end, by soamming stasis bombs and torpedoes.

Now I'm right at the last mission, but I've to call it a day because it's late. I'll see if I can play it tomorrow. We'll see. For the Emperor! It's the mission where Abaddon attacks Blackstone Fortress 5 and the Eldar has offered my fleet to use the webway to get the jump on Abaddon's Chaos fleet that has the stupid Planet Killer flying around. I bet it's going to be super-difficult, and I'll need to play it a few times before I can win. We'll see. As long as it's not absurdly impossible like that Ork mission or the Planetary Assault defender mission...

No comments:

Post a Comment