About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Battlefleet Gothic Armada

Yeah, so I restarted my game from scratch last night, and played everything from the tutorial. I decided to go with the Dominator cruiser instead of the Tyrant this time, but because I like the Tyrant so much I unlocked it the moment I had a 2nd slot. I doubt I'll ever use him though. But hey, it's nice to have the option.

Anyway, this is my fleet so far.



Level 5 Dominator cruiser, The Avenger of Khuegan

Level 1 Tyrant cruiser, The Avenger of Retaliation (I'm guessing Retaliation is a planet's name, or a system's name)

Level 5 Dauntless light cruiser, The Sword of Boetia

Level 1 Dauntless MK2 light cruiser, The Avenger of Light (why is almost every ship in my fleet the avenger of something? And Light and Retaliation?)

My Firestorm frigates and The Sword of Boetia have been upgraded with Disruption Overcharge to deal extra damage to shields, and The Avenger of Khuegan has armor piercing macro cannons. Yay. My typical 300-point fleet usually consists of The Avenger of Khuegan, The Sword of Boetia and a Widowmaker destroyer, but I try to fit in Firestorm frigates whenever I can. I suspect that I'll be going into higher-point matches in the future, so I upgraded my Firestorm frigates, particularly when going for 450-point matches. The last time I did that, I could fit in 4 Firestorm frigates along side The Avenger of Khuegan and The Sword of Boetia, but the current planetary assault mission in Turn 7 went back to 300 points. Ouch.

Well, I'm a level 4 Admiral right now, and I'm hoping to rank up to level 5 so that I can unlock a battlecruiser. I'm looking forward to getting a Mars battlecruiser, and I'll update you when I get it, as well as how far I've gotten to the mission.

For now, I've been wiping out enemy ships with The Avenger of Khuegan's nova cannon. That thing is a beast, ha ha. After reading about Dominator cruisers from Cadian Blood, where Captain Straden defended Kathur to the death aboard his Dominator cruiser, The Depth of Fury. By firing his nova cannon, Captain Straden took out a huge chunk of the chaos fleet that warped in above Kathur as well as dealing grievous damage to Terminus Est, the Death Guard flagship. Damage that was so severe it was never seen since the likes of the Horus Heresy. Entire decks were wiped out, and if Straden had been lucky enough to hit the bridge, Terminus Est and that accursed Typhus the Herald would have perished. Alas, it was not to be. Oh well.

Now I've a Dominator of my own. The Avenger of Khuegan. If I can get a Mars battlecruiser to join him, I'll be filling the map with nova cannon blasts. HA HA HA HA!

For the Emperor!

By the way, once I get access to flavors, I'll most likely go for the Adeptus Mechanicus flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment