About My Blog

Ave Omnissiah!

Image result for adeptus mechanicus symbol

My blog is primarily my own personal fluff in the Warhammer 40,000 universe regarding the Draconis system such as the Knight House Yato in Ryusei, their Household Militia, the Draconian Defenders, and the Forge World of Draconis IV with its Adeptus Mechanicus priesthood, Cybernetica cohorts and Skitarii legions, and the Titan Legion, Legio Draconis, known as the Dark Dragons.

Featured Post

Retrospective: Imperial Knights

Today, we're going to a Retrospective on...Imperial Knights! I mean, this is primarily an Imperial Knight blog, so obviously if I'm ...

Saturday, December 1, 2018

Thousand Sons rumors

I've been looking around for Thousand Sons rumors (I swear, this blog is going to transform into a Thousand Sons and Imperial Guard blog at this rate), and I managed to find a thread on Reddit that contained a few. As usual, the salt advice applies - these are just rumors, I have no idea how reliable ProdigalSonz or his sources are, so take these rumors with a pinch of salt and don't get your hopes too high up. Hell, even ProdigalSonz himself reminds us not to get our hopes too high up.

Anyway, here's a summary of rumored changes for Thousand Sons according to him.

Cultists up from 4 to 5 points (I hope my Imperial Guardsmen don't get hit by this nerf).

Tzaangors possibly bumped up from 7 to 8 points.

5-men Rubric Marines to cost 90 points. Not very sure whether that includes the force stave or not, so it could mean two things. Either Rubric Marines get a points cut of 2 points per model (so the total cost should still be 97 as opposed to 90), or they get a points cut of 3 points per model (so the total cost becomes 92, which is closer to 90, but I find that highly unlikely).

ProdigalSonz speculates that we might get the option to bring a soul reaper cannon for 5-men Rubric Marine squads, but don't get your hopes too high on that.

Scarab Occult Terminators getting a points cut from 33 per model to 26 per model, which would make a 5-men squad with heavy weapons upgrades drop from 238 to 203 points.

Points reduction for Land Raiders confirmed - the Chaos factions will get a similar decrease in points for their Land Raiders like their Imperial counterparts. So Deathwatch and Thousand Sons will get a points cut for their Land Raiders as well.

For Tzeentch and Daemon allies, all the Greater Daemons will be getting points reduction from anywhere between 75 and 100 points. That would mean your Lord of Change would cost 230-255 points as opposed to 330 points right now, which is a huge buff (they honestly weren't worth taking before).

Possibly warpflamers getting a point reduction, but again, don't get your hopes too high up on that. At most it would be just 2 points or so.

Elsewhere (on Facebook, I believe), Grey Knights are losing Rites of Banishment and getting full Smite. However, I believe this only applies to HQ and Characters like Librarians, Captain Stern, Brother-Captains and all that. I do not think that it affects Troops or squads like Grey Knight Terminator squads or Paladins. However, some people argue that they will be getting the full Smite, and if true, somebody mentions that Thousand Sons will get a similar treatment where Rubric Marines Aspiring Sorcerers and Scarab Occult Terminator Sorcerer will also get full Smite. Again, I highly doubt that, but I'll compile more news for you guys as I go along.

Oh, Adeptus Mechanicus will be getting a points reduction almost across the board. Imperial Knights will largely remain untouched, except for the Castellan getting a slight points increase.

Nothing on Imperial Guard. There are a lot of people claiming that Guardsmen will be nerfed from 4 to 5 points per model, but nothing has been confirmed yet, at least not on the scale of Cultists. But it's looking likely. I hope to the Emperor that they don't, or if they do get bumped up, at least reduce the price of our tanks and artillery to compensate. Otherwise I can't take my Brigade anymore. UGH! At least Militarum Tempestus Scions will either remain the same or get a points cut proportional to the Space Marines (makes no sense for them to cost almost as much as Space Marines).

Deathwatch, hmm, apparently Primaris Intercessors will see their points cut by 1. Just 1. No information on the others, but I suspect the Repulsor will get points decrease as well. Maybe Veterans too. Primaris Watch Captain, most definitely.

If I see more news, I'll let you guys know. Until then, I'll see you guys next time!

P.S. the reason why I'm writing about rumors instead of being at Dreamers Vault is because there's a bloody snowstorm in Minneapolis today and I don't know if I want to brave the elements. I'm a Draconian tank driver (without a tank), not a Valhallan Ice Warrior.

Edit: Apparently ProdigalSonz edited his posts and removed a lot of the content I posted here, like the Greater Daemons being reduced by 75 to 100 points, hearing conflicting reports about Scarab Occult Terminators, etc. So the original link I put here might differ vastly from what I've posted, because he edited them a couple of hours ago, as of the time of this editing.

Well, I did say these are rumors, and obviously they can be 100% true, or they can be 0% true. I make no claims that these are 100% accurate, I'm just compiling a bunch of rumors from all over the Internet in my desire for knowledge (you know, Thousand Sons and all that). Obviously these may all be false and ProdigalSonz might be leading us on - heck, he even removed the bit where he said he heard this from reliable sources so it could mean his sources are not so reliable after all (or he didn't want to get his sources into trouble, so...).

And Daedalus81, I'm not posting stuff for you to like me. I know what you've been posting on DakkaDakka, and to be frank, I don't care if you dislike me or not. You're entitled your opinion, of course, as I am entitled to mine. I already said that I'll live with the nerf of Guardsmen to 5 points if it happens and admit that it's pretty likely, but what's wrong with griping with something when it's painful? I'm not whining and complaining that Astra Militarum will become unplayable or be nerfed beyond playability, but I guess some people like to exaggerate and bash others if their opinions don't align with theirs. Well, I'm not childish enough to automatically dislike you just because you disagree. And I'm not petty enough to wish a nerf to Thousand Sons just because you play them (partly because I play them as well, ha ha ha). But as with Magnus's all-seeing eye, I know what you've been posting on DakkaDakka and I'll be watching you. (cackles evilly) So tremble in the Warp and await my convoluted schemes as I plot your downfall online. Maybe.

And again, just in case people on DakkaDakka or elsewhere on the Internet miss my disclaimer, these are all RUMORS. Not leaks, not facts, not confirmations. It is entirely possible that there is not a grain of truth in them. I've told you to season them with lots of salt. It's just that I'm sick and tired of waiting around for nothing, and decided to sift through the Webway...I mean, World Wide Web for Thousand Sons rumors and compile them in an easy-to-read list. You don't have to believe it, but let's not jump into accusations, okay?

Of course you've gotten my attention, CthululsSpy. As they say, no one expects the Inquisition. And yes, Aeneades, the network of the Inquisition is far-reaching and vast.

Yes, Daedalus81. The game is afoot indeed. Let's see which of us will become Tzeentch's closest confidant. Be careful that he doesn't throw you into the Well of Eternity and you end up like poor Kairos, though. And no, you didn't leave your oven on. But make sure you check your stove.

Oh, I understand that you can still gain a reputation for baseless rumors even when alleging something, Cephalobeard. But what you don't understand is that I'm not even alleging something, I'm just gathering news from other people and just compiling them here because I have nothing better to do. Why do you think I linked the post back to the original Reddit thread? So that people can check that out instead. I just put everything in one post in case people didn't want to comb through the 50+ posts looking for the appropriate information. Rather than allege something, I'm just reposting and summarizing what other people have alleged. But if you want to give me that reputation just because, then feel free to do so. I mean, I could just stay silent if that's what you prefer, and everyone can continue spending their time being bored and deprived of baseless rumors and allegations.

2 comments:

  1. remain safe ... and thanks for the rumors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Back home safely right now! And I'll share more if I manage to find out more!

      Delete